𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

I was sitting in the basics technology lab, after having a meeting in principals office that hot Wednesday afternoon with Gage, Samantha, Samara, Denise, Japheth and Oluwaseyi Ojo. Yes the same Seyi that i almost fought with because she couldn't take a hike and stop bullying me. Yes that same Oluwaseyi, and yes she is still a student of this school because she failed her WAEC and NECO Exams, she and the head boy Olatunji. Fortunately for her Olatunji is not here to endure the shame of having to repeat SS3 with her.

Rumors has it that His mother took
him out of this school to save him the shame and embarrassment, now he is repeating SS3 at Butterfly academy, the same school Samantha was coming from. The whole school knew the story but no one dare talk about it, because Oluwaseyi was still a member of this school and talking about it will upset her, and when she is upset there is no telling what she is capable of doing.

The new head girl was now Grace Folaranmi a commercial student who had managed to maintain all As and Bs at the end of every session. The new Head boy was a science student going by the name Samuel Bello who had clean academic and Punctuality record in this school. Those two were My former class mates when i was in JSS 3 and because I couldn't be promoted with them they were now my seniors.

They could order me around as they pleased due to their new positions but they couldn't, they wouldn't dare try it when they knew what happened to the previous head boy and girl who were treating me unjustly. They didn't want to suffer the same fate, they didn't want to drag their name or the perfect image they painted for themselves in the mud.

They were the ones conducting the test we were going to write. The test was to determine if we were indeeed fit to represent the school for the D Genius Academic competition. The competition was high but at the end of the day I came through thanks to Gage's encouraging word. We studied for the test together and here we were writing it just like we had studied. The head girl had decided to offer a helping hand by reading the questions out loud to me and helping me write down the answers i chose and Whispered in her ears

"Who is my favorite besttie and is going to this competition with me?!?!"

Gage said as he jumped on me from behind squealing into my ears in excitement. I take it the test was a breeze for him, but for me not so much I didn't know the correct answer to half of all the questions. But sadly I couldn't tell him that, I didn't want to ruin his excitement, besides his excitement was pretty infectious so I went along with it saying.

"This girl!!!"

He finally got off my back and we walked side by side to the school cafeteria to celebrate our victory. We decided to go for fried and jollof rice since that was what was on the menu today. Since we both didn't bring food from home he decided to buy Turkeys with it, I didn't because i was watching my weight. There is a limit to what a Nigeria ballerina can eat because we must not go beyond a certain weight level

" sooo what university do you intend to go to."

" sorry?"

" oh please, don't act silly with me. What university do you want to attend."

" oh. Ha. University. Of course I knew that. Sigh i have no idea, well if there is a university for dyslexia persons then sure I'd love to go there."

" hmmm fair point. But that doesn't mean you should give up just yet."

I smile at him. And he grinned. I have to stay Gage's persistent spirit is really growing on me. We kept on eating enjoying the comfortable silence as we ate our  meal peacefully. All of a sudden I felt Gage eyes on me, I looked up at him to Catch him starring at my   necks. I was puzzled at first wondering what was fascinating about my neck that he was looking at. My hand went up to my neck to Feel what was on it, and I remembered, the necklace he gave me. That must have been what he was staring at because my hand began playing with the pendant as a sign of nervousness. His lopsided smile turned into a full bloom grin when he noticed me playing with it and said.

" looks like my birthday gifts is still intact."

" what? Did you think I was going to get rid of if the minute I got to London?"

" well... not exactly but still I didn't think you would still be wearing it so proudly on your neck. You should hide it though I don't want anyone snatching it from you."

" okay captain protective."

I said giggling at him. While I tucked in the necklace inside my shirt and away from prying eyes. We kept on eating enjoying our meal until it was ruined  by  Samara's loud shirk of excitement which makes my do a spite-take all over table.

" there you are Besttie!!! Gosh why act like a Needle in  a haystack all the time."

" hi. Samara. Good afternoon."

" oh pleaseee quite the formalities. I am your girlfriend now, you should totally call me Sam instead."

" I'll try."

I said in response. The rest of lunch was very very awkward for Gage and I and Samara won't stop  talking . The worse part is she doesn't take a hint on when to stop talking and just for once listen, and it annoys me to no ends. Sometimes I wonder does she do it on purpose or she is actually ignorant to how her endless talking makes us uncomfortable. After another 30 secs had passed she finally asked us about the tests.

" so you guys, how was the test?"

" it was ummm—"

" the bomb. Com? Yea that what I thought too. It was sooo easy  I didn't even have to read the question 5 times before I answered."

"Hmmm good for—"

"Hey hottie how did your test go. I am sure it wasn't too hot for you, because you know you are way hotter."

She said cutting me shot mid sentence. Ugh! this girl is really testing my patience and I'm being honest, it was really wearing thin, very very thin. She kept ranting and discussing with Gage how the test went for her, she was also indirectly and openly flirting with Gage but he looked the least bit interested.

He just kept nodding his head in response to what ever she was saying. the minute the bell rang to end the lunch break, Gage and I stood up immediately and Simultaneously dumping our used food box in the bin as we practically ran out of the cafeteria leaving Samara behind.
I made sure to do my best to avoid that girl until it was closings time and once it was I practically sneaked out of school with Gage. We both didn't like Samara for the same reason that girl was just too loud and forward for her age.

I got home an hour later to meet only Mr Idowu lying lazyly on the couch, a bottle of  beer in his left hand and the remote to the TV on the other hand. I greeted him and he only grunted in response as he kept pressing the remote in an attempt to turn on the TV. It didn't work obviously because there was no light and the TV wasn't even on from the switch. I shook my head in Pity before going up to my room to get change.

Today was Wednesday and if  Miss Mayowa wasn't out of town I would be dancing in her studio room right now. After getting out of my uniform and taking a shower, I wore something light and casual so I could practice my ballet dance move in my room. After a while of dancing and practicing I headed back downstairs to prepare dinner. I'm sure Mr Idowu must be starving.

✨✨

♨♨♨♨♨

Hiiii every one Chloe Babajide here . I just want to sincerely apologize for the delay in updates, anyway I hope you guys really enjoyed this chapter.

So this is to let you all that the De Genius academic competition is a form of collaboration between me and two other people. Ortsejolomi_ 1stBukky
The collaboration with this two will be staring real soon .This means there characters will begin to appear in this book. So In other not to miss out on the fun, do check out there books Gallery of a broken heart and Behind that smile.

Hit me up in the Comment section with your throughts. And pls dont forget to Click the cute star button on your way out. Thank you.
♥♥♥