𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏

All my life.

I've always had to run away from being my bullied, keep my head lowkey so they don't notice me, blend in so I couldn't easily be spotted, but all that changed when people like Gage, Miss Amarachi and Miss Mayowa my dance instructor came into my life. I couldn't have been more relieved, for they taught me that builies are everywhere and everyone could be a potential bully.

The fact is no matter how hard I try to run away from them, there is only how far I can go. Besides at some point I would get tired of running, what happens then, do I give up and let them have a hold on me? No. Hell No. that is why ever since I read that book How to get away with bullies by Chloe Babajide, I learned that I could also run away from my bullies when I stand up for myself and show them that I was done running and I wasn't scared of them.

"Come Maddlyen quit zoning out on me, you are missing out on a whole new world."

Gage said, we were in the tree house playing some really awesome games we found. I just smiled at him as he made a joyful noise. We were both loveing this place, I in particular was loving this place it was a sharp contact to my ever boring and uneventful life.

" okay okay, jeez you act like you haven't see all these things before."

" smh, you that you are talking, have you seen it before?"

" as a matter Of fact I have... seen it on TV."

I said responding to his statement. He grimaced at me for a while which caused me to laugh loudly. I can't remember the last time I had this much fun with a friend. My best friend for that matter, Gage was and is the best I am glad he convinced me to come for this competition.

" chai! Maddy see swing oooo,it's even finer Than than the one we have at Oceanview secondary school. Oya a let's go and play there."

" I thought we were doing card games nah let finish—"

"Race you to the swing last one is a toad."

And just like that he ran out of the tree house climbing the ladder that led downstairs. I groaned in annoyance wondering what this boy ate his morning that was making him hyped. I sighed, there was no point rushing as I could see from the window that he already got to swing before me. I decided to be the toad taking my time to come out of the tree house.

It was either i was too slow or I didn't see where I was going, because I'm a matter of seconds, I missed my steps and I tumbleded down. Thank goodness someone was at the end of the foot of the trees house to catch me. Whoever the person is must really have a strong grip on ladies because he caught me firmly carrying me bridal style. Thinking it was Gage I said

"Thank goodness you came back for me, Gage if not I would have fallen to my death"

The person ( supposed Gage ) let me down easily and I adjusted my hair which was a huge Afro on my head. It was the sound of a soft chuckle that made me realize that it wasn't Gage at all. I turned swiftly to look at the person and indeed he wasn't Gage. This person was a little darker and a bit muscular, no wonder he caught me with easy.

" your not Gage??"

"No I am not him. my name is jubril, from SMC"

" oh. It's nice meet you Jubril, I am aAdeyemi " I said.

Now that I was properly facing him, i could see his face. He looked scary If you ask me. Tall with huge Muscles everywhere and a scar on his right eye brow.

"Hey toady. You were supposed to meet me at the swing what— oooh looks like we have company. Hi the name is Gage."

" jubril , from SMC. nice to meet you."

Gage and Jubril exchanged Pleasantries and they began talking about how the competition was, totally ignoring and forgetting I was still standing there, I excused myself heading for the swing. I got there, and sat comfortably on one of the swings. I was staring into space wondering what I would do with my life If i don't get into the university. I know Gage had told me to be positive and all, but it's hard to always be that way when so much around you reminded you of the negative. Now because of me Our school had been Maintaining last Place and I am not happy about it.

" penny for your thoughts."

" urrr jeez! Can you boys stop Frightening me."

Timini just laughed at me before coming behind me. What was he doing he should leave me alone oh I don't want trouble from his girlfriends . Only God knows how many people are fighting over him In this completion. I didn't want to sound rude but the question came out of my Mouth before I could stop it.

"What are you doing?"

" trying to push you, so you can go higher on the swing duh."

"Are you sure you want to do this, i don't want Wahala from your girlfriendssss ooo."

" ahan Haba I only have one and that's Jadesola and since you two are friend. Me pushing you on the swing wouldn't bother her."

I laughed, he did have a point. I and his actual girlfriend Jadesola are in the same room and we bonded pretty well. When he noticed I had nothing else to say he began pushing me so I could swing higher. For the first time in forever I didn't feel like the girl who always hid behind a smile. I didn't feel like the Girl who had full gallery of broken hearts. Instead I felt like me, me Maddlyen Adeyemi Coker and ballet dancer who will once day be free from all her bullies, or so I thought.

Evening came upon us quicker than expected, Timini faked a headache so I let him be. Even though I knew he didn't have headache and he just wanted to use it as an excuse so he could go and look for his babe.

"Is this swing taken? I guess not"

I looked up to see jubril occupying the swing beside me. I just gave him a friendly smile in acknowledgment. We sat in comfortable silence again my eyes scanning for Gage since I hadn't heard or seen him since afternoon.

" you're welcome."

" for... what exactly"

"If not for me you would be at the Clinic trying to nurse a cracked skull"

He said bringing my notice to how we met and it flashed in my head. I never actually said a proper Thank you to him, I chuckled lightly before saying.

" my Apologies, thank you Jubril oh! wise knight in a stylish SMC uniform, I am Deeply thankful to you for saving me with your strong hands, you have saved me from my death."

He roared in laughter and I joined in. For some reason I had pictured it in my head, that what I said would be way cooler than just saying thank you. Obviously with this kind of ceremony I used to say thank you, it was pretty obvious for him to figure out that I am an art student, that's if he doesn't already know that .

"You know when you fell from that tree house. I didn't expect to have caught feelings for you the way I caught you from falling. What I am trying to say is I like you. A lot, Adeyemi and I was hoping we could have our happy ending, just like jadesola and Timini."

Whoa! that's a lot to take in. There was no point staling. I knew I wasn't ready for a relationship. I wasn't ready to have one with GEORGE and so it's not happening with Jubril either. The only problem I had was letting him down easily. I just hoped my statements doesn't get him so upset that he ends up breaking my skull with his muscles.

"Hmmm jubril. I'm sorry, I am not in the right frame of mind for a relationship. Besides we just met and —"

"Obviously. Hmph I guess it's true what they say about you then."

"Excuse me?"

"Save your explanation. You think I was seriously asking you out? God forbid, how can I date a dullard person like you, you way no know book nah man you dey follow. Weldon comrade. Tch"

How this situation turned very ugly so quickly is a mystery I would like to solve, truth be told I do not understand where all of these insults were coming from, but I was hurt. Real hurt to the point that immediately he left a stray tear left my eyes as well. I had no idea that Timini was around the corner and he had recorded the whole thing on his phone. I just got up and went to my room sheading hot tears In the process. I'm