𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆

At this point, I didn't care who was winning and who was losing, we were as good as gone already And it was all Gage's fault. I mean I contributed to that by not answering some questions correctly or not answering at all when I had the chance, but that wasn't the point. Gage's badly beating and creating injuries on Jubril because of what he said to me the other night was uncalled for.

Yes, I get he was defending me, standing up for me but c'mon, the poor boy is in a hospital because of him and he as well is also badly injured because of him. And now because of him, we are backs to 20 points in total and It's almost a tie between prince and princess and SMC. I am honestly not interested in cheering for our teams at this moment. I was indoors lying in my room, I was listening to radio that was playing the top 10 songs in Lagos.

" See I told you she was here."

I heard someone say. It was the only one in the room at the moment and Immediately I heard the sound of the voice, I snapped my eyes open to find Cindy and Christiana in my room glaring a dagger at me. This is two against one and I really really need to be diplomatic about it. If I didn't want to end up in the hospital like Jubril even though I feel he deserved it, I need to choose my words wisely. So I turned off my radio and gave them my full attention.

"Hey, girls, what's up? How is the completion going? Sorry, I couldn't join I was—"

" Oh shut up! No one asked you."

And I immediately went mute. Yes, people like jade will call it being dumb but it was tactful diplomacy, play by their cards. They smiled when they saw I was quiet and Cindy proceeded to talk in support of what Christiana said.

" now that we have your attention, I am only going to ask this once. Between Gage and Denise who do you like."

" none."

Cindy snickered like I said something funny. I just ignored her and made sure my blank face was intact. She looked at me with disgust before saying

" It had better be none if you don't want to end up like Jubril, in the hospital. But just in case you change your mind, or your feeling about either of them changes. know that there will be a dance battle by 6 pm sharp at the social center. Don't be late"

Cindy said as she and Christina left the room. I just went back to listening to the radio, my eyes slowly closing as I was feeling sleepy. Everything they said passed from one ear to the other, there was no way I was going there to dance because I wanted them to give me access to date a boy.

Like for real though it made absolutely no sense but who was I to judge. I didn't give them a definite answer so I was safe. Besides I wasn't in the mood, all I wanted to do was sleep all day and not have to leave this room. Sadly that's not possible not when lunch was around the corner and I was slowly getting hungry.

I closed my eyes to take a nap while listening to the radio and before I  knew it I was lost in never land. So far lost that I completely missed lunch.  I woke up to the sound of my tummy grumbling loudly and I groaned. Looking out the window I could tell its was way past 3 already by the setting of the sun And my tummy grumbled even louder wanting nothing but food. I sluggishly got out of bed to Use the restroom and by the time I was back Jade was in the room in a defense position.

" are we safe?"

" oh jees you startled me. Maddy? wait, where have you been all day. I've been looking all over for you. Don't tell me your sick or down with a cold."

" I am fine Jade. I just didn't want to"

"Wait is it because of what Cindy said?  Girl don't let it bother you. I can treat her fuck of for you if you want, that girl no dey ever dey one place."

At this point I was getting confused, how did she know what Cindy said, was she eavesdropping on our conversation? Nah she doesn't seem like one to do that. So instead of jumping into conclusions like I usually do I asked saying.

"Okay, hold up, Pause, Rewind. what Cindy said? How did you know what Cindy said?"

" girl!! that's what everyone is talking about. You would have known if you didn't lock yourself up in the room all day. Why did you have to go challenge her any way."

"I did not do such Jade. I was in this room listening to music when she and her-- friend walked in and started asking me questions."

I responded, looking at her. She gave me skeptical look as to say she wasn't completely buying my story. I sighed in response feeling defeated, I took my sit back on my bed and she came to sit with me saying.

"So let me get this straight. Cindy and Christiana are the ones who challenged you to a dance battle?"

" yes! what ever the heck that meant. And I am not going for it."

"Sigh did you say to them that you weren't coming? Because If that's a No, then baby girl you're going have to dance your way out of this"

She said to me and I was looking at her like someone who developed An alien head in two seconds. She couldn't possibly be serious now Could she nah nah nAh , I highly doubt that. She was definitely joking and soo I laughed like what she said was funny. When I noticed she wasn't laughing I paused and I looked at her again this time my eye brow raised as I said.

" wait, you are serious?"

"Yes I am serious. Silence means acceptance and you just accepted your self into the dance battle."

" oh shit are you kidding me. But I only dance ballet!"

" well dear it's not too late to teach you a few hip hop moves. But first you need to eat."

She said and my tummy grumbled in agreement To that. She left to go and get me something to eat and in less than 5 minutes she was back . I sat down to eat spaghetti and boiled egg while I watched her bust some move to me. Omo Jade can dance Eeeh!!! too bad I couldn't record her dancing, I just stared at her trying to memorize all the dance moves I could while I ate.  Before we knew it, it was time for the dance battle and Jade did her best to motivate me.

I can't believe I Maddlyen Adeyemi Coker was about to go into dance battle because of a boy, because of Gage. Urgh the idea irrates me to the core, I can't  even dance to save my life it's now because of a boy I will be dancing.  I just hope  I don't end up regretting this though I am only doing this because I havent danced in while.

" oh look the whoreahhhcheww, I meant stars of the show is here"

Cindy said when she sighted me. And I rolled my eyes at her, her pathetic attempts of calling me a whore is so last season. I just ignored her Instead and went to take my position. Cristiana who I was going head to head with, came to stand in fornt  of me and said.

"Are you ready to get your ass whooped?"

"Are you ready  to  break a leg? No really, Break a leg."

I said with all seriousness a death glare in my eyes and that Startled her. She didn't think I was going to be this fearless and confident about the dance battle. She was judging based on my countenance earlier. I giggle knowing this dance battle is going to cause a lot of gbas gbos because one thing is for sure, no one is ever going to look down  on me ever again after this.

" and by the way. Cindy and Christiana the genre of  dance we are doing tonight is classical.  If you are wondering why, it's because I only dance ballet."

I said and in that moment,  my favorite classical music begun to play. I made sure I did my best to dance my heart out that night until I got tired and hungry. More importantly I had beaten Cindy and Christiana hands down because none of them could compete with my ballet skills.