𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 -𝑺𝒊𝒙

I yawned tiredly dragging my self out of bed like a zombie in need of brains. I was super exhausted as a result of the overnight studying i did for the mathematics exam we have by 12 noon today. Gage and I have  been preparing for this for two days straight immediately after our English and yet I still didn't feel prepared for it.

I was the only one at home at the moment because everyone had woken up early and left me behind. Why they did is still a mystery to me, but I can't blame them. They had their lives to live or probably a more important appointment to get to. Once I was done doing my business in the bathroom, I got to work, getting  dressed in my school uniform immediately I entered my room.  I packed my hair that was neatly braided into a doughnut and left my room with my school bag on my shoulder. 

Heading to the kitchen I proceeded to making my self breakfast. Settling for toasted bread with scrambled eggs, I got to work creating the perfect breakfast and a cup of Nescafe coffee to go with it. Satisfied with the out come, I began to gobble it down because i was very hungry. All that reading Last night made me hungry, hence I was eating like one who hasn't eating in months. While I was busy clearing and cleaning the things I used in preparing breakfast, i began to feel uneasy like i was forgetting something.

It's the very first day in the month of June. isnt that somebody's birthday?

Nah I highly doubt that. I don't know any one born on the first of June.

I said, responding to my subconscious. She was trying to hint at me that I was forgetting someone's birthday but right now I couldn't think of any one born today. Since I couldn't remember what I was forgetting, I decided to let it slide as I picked up my bag and headed to school using one thousand naira out  of the three thousand naira  Miss Mayowa gave me last week.

I got to school at exactly 9am on the dot and I  maneuvered my way to the third floor of the second build, the  Junior block. Getting to my class Gage tackled me into a good morning hug, burying his face into the crook of my neck which cause me to giggle in delight. Where was this coming from i thought while I reciprocated the hug.  Once we detached from the hug I said

" did you dream about me last night or where is the hug coming from."

" oh nothing, nothing to worry your little head about. Hey do you have a favorite animal or something?"

He ask me and that got me curious but again I let is slide, i means he still doesn't know much about me like that so i guess it's okay if he knew. I smiled at him with a raised eyebrow saying.

" its a dog but if I should pick an insect, then I'll go for a lady bug. Why do you ask?"

" oh it's nothing, nothing at all. I was just really curious, that's why I asked. Oh and mine is fish, and for insects it will be spider. "

This was really picking my curiosity, why was he saying " nothing" like that, it's obvious he was hiding something but right now my curiosity was not fueled enough to find out  what it was. I was going to say something but he beat me to it, saying.

" ahh Yes, les i forget. I am being called by a teacher. Umm you should get settled in and start studying I'll join you."

With that he dashed out of my sight leaving me at the entrance of our class. I blinked severally just to be sure I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating the whole conversation. I  just hope  he wasn't in trouble with the teacher that called him. He has never been called by a teacher before, at least none that i know of so where is this coming form. I wondered but my wondering was cut short when the voice of none other thank Olatunji sliced through it.

What could this pest want from us on a fine day like this.

Well, we are about to find out.