𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒘𝒐

Today is the day, the day I dance my name into the book of history. The day that my body movement would scream who I truly am. The day that everyone in this room will for once not see me as the girl who has reading disabilities or the girl who has dyslexia. But they would see me as they girl that danced her heart out and Left it on the stage for the judges to Marvel at.

"Hey!, you and I have been at logger heads for as long as I can remember and we always gave Miss Da-Costa a hard time deciding who would take the lead."

"What do you want now Jessica? Whatever it is, now is not the time."

"I know but hear me out, okay? You are an amazing dancer and I know you gonna set that stage on fire when you go on. So don't hesitate or hold back Adeyemi. Have faith in yourself just like I have faith in you."

She patted my shoulder in a sisterly manner. She left before i could say anything or think of something reasonable to say. I just kept opening and closing my mouth like a fish out of water.  When no word came out of my mouth I just closed it let a smile rest at the Corner of My lips. Today's definitely going to be a good day, I feel it in my blood steam. I broadened the smile on my lips as I saw Miss Mayowa approaching me. I gave her a tight squeeze and she giggled saying.

"Hahaha Well someone's in a good mood. How how is my little dancer doing today?"

"You have no idea, I am sooo excited. I am just glad everything is going according to plan."

I said in response to her statement. she smiled at me as we let go of each other walking side by side. We were heading for the back stage where Jessica and the rest of the Ballerinas were.

"Well it certainly is, I heard you guys finished NECO exam quite early."

"Yeah we did for a change. Just glad i still had spare time to prepare my ballet routine for today's competition."

I said in response. We got to the rest and I exchanged pleasantries with them, each of them wishing me well since I was the one doing solo act to represent them before they all come in at the Chorus. The show began once it was 10am and the Anchor of the program Miss Anuoluwapo Ogunmoroti began by introducing the judges of the competition.

" ladies and gentlemen, distinguished guest, I now present to you, your judge, Mrs Misty Copeland, Priscilla Owonta, and Melvin Odulade. Ladies and gentle men around of Applause for your Judges. With no further ado, I welcome you all to the Lagos got Ballerinas talent show!!!"

Everyone gave a loud and resounding round of applause to that and before we knew it, the competition was in full swing, as contestant number one took on the stage. Their whole ballet routine was about love trust  and understanding. And they used pure instrumentals in their routine to depict their story. They called themselves the 'dancers of truth'.

The next set of people that came up called themselves the 'Mini Move Makers'. And they did their ballet routine to the song 'Love your self' by Justin Bieber. Everyone was pretty hyped about it because the song had been trending for weeks up till now. I like that they were really creative about their presentation and what's more, they took advantage of what was trending.

"alright girls we are going up in an hour from now. Are we ready?"

Miss Mayowa asked us as we were warming up back stage. We all gave her positive responses as we had been preparing for this more than a month now, of course we are ready for it. The loud cheering of the audience brought us out of our little chat box as we all paid attention to the next group that were about to perform. They called themselves the 'Acappella of ballet' and I have to say I am really looking forward to there performance.