𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

"So you are saying that you were a basketball gyro at your school?"

"Yeah, and they even wanted to give me a scholarship, until I messed it up by fighting one of the competing  students,"

"Whoa! That's messed up,"

It was closing time and for once in my life, I had a partner to walk home with and I must confess it felt really good and so is getting to know the new kid who goes by the name Gage. I wonder if he is Nigerian for him to have such a name, well there is only one way to find out now.

"Hey Gage, urr.. your name 'Gage' umm what does it mean? I am just really curious. For you to bear that kind of name... you're probably not Nigerian. Are you?"

"Very funny. You're also forgetting the surname is Macaulay. Dear, don't let the first name fool you. I am 100% Nigerian,"

He said assuring me and we both laughed at that. We were walking home this hot Wednesday afternoon and since his street was two streets away from mine he decided to walk with me much to my protest anyway. I didn't want the head girl or even Olatunji to see me with him. They could carry false rumors about us around school and that would definitely not look good on him.

We were approaching a sharp bend but Before we could take the turn Gage told me to wait that he wanted to ease himself. I just nodded and waited for him but as usual trouble was never far for me.  Jeremiah showed up out of know where glaring at me like I have somehow stolen something that below to him.

" you shallow bitch!"

He said pushing me soo hard I fell on my butt I groaned in pain looking at him. He was dressed in a pair of joggers are a tank top with all his biceps showing. Sweat was glittering from his forehead and his neck area and I had to avert my eyes before he concluded i was checking him out.

" my goodness, I can't believe I once dated you. Just take a good look at your self, you've been repeating every class ever since I've known you"

" oh please tell me something I don't know."

I responded getting up from my butt and dusting it. He looked a little shocked that I had the guts to talk to him in that manner but that look disappeared from his face as quickly as it came. He pushed me again and this time I didn't budge I just glared at him as he said.

" Now listen here you moron. Don't go blabbing about our relationship with anyone else. I don't want to hear any more nonsense from anyone that we were ever in a relationship. Got it!"

" and what if I don't?"

I said testing the waters and testing my limit but I regretted it the moment I said it. Without warnings, he stumped on my left foot really hard. With a smirk gracing his lips he said

"Then watch me make your life miserable."

I screamed in pain and that got Gage's attention. I completely forgot he was still around somewhere. Before Gage could get to me Jeremiah already pushed me out of the way making a run for it while I stumbled on my butt, again. I was crying even tho Gage was now with me trying to Pacify me to stop crying. I couldn't, the shoe he wore must have had a l nail in it because not only was I in pain but I was bleeding.

" oh my. Gosh! Maddy what happened, who did this to you!! No no no no no, I leave you for one minute and this happed gosh."

"Urrrhhh get me out of here. It hurt, it hurts soo badddd"

I magnate to grate out to a panicking Gage. Despite his panicked stage, he was about to get medical attention ASAP and that explains how I was in a hospital with a huge bandage wrapped around my leg at 5:30 pm. He was sitting down beside me now staring at my legs creating a very awkward silence which I wasn't enjoying at all so I spoke.