𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒚-𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

urgh! I am soo exhausted preparing for senior WAEC and NECO. I had barely gotten settled into my seat for the day and i was already dealing with another test. throught the day it was from one lesson to the other, from one test to the other. 3 weeks flew buy in a breeze and i didn't even remember that i have written a government test during the first week of resumption. I yawned tiredly about to leave my seat when the government teacher walked in.

we didn't have government today so why the heck was he here, on our free period to be exact. most of my classmate had to return to there various assigned sit because the look the government teacher was giving us, it shows he wasn't here to play at all. the whole class was dead quiet and after a minute of building enough suspense and gaining our attention he spoke

"i am sure you all know why i am here, and if you don't." he slammed a file on the table of the first roll and column, I have a good feeling that file contains the result of the impromptu test we took in his subject 3 weeks ago.

" I am certain this should juggle your memory. hmmm you these children sha, you are... hmmm it is well, once you hear your name come forward and collect your script." he stuttered a lot, his eye were slightly red , there is a cane on his right hand and to make it worse i can practically count how many veins have popped out of his head due to the angle in which I was sitting.

i was seated on the right hand side, the third row first column so i could see the teachers face as well as the board clearly. What i wasn't so clear on was why the government teacher was looking so pissed off. Like what happened ?

" I am highly disappointed in all of you, even you class rep, ehhh what happened? you bearly got 10 on this test, and that wasn't the case before." he complained bitterly and my eyes immediately went wide. That explains his angry expression, even i would feel the same way if i was in his shoes. He had shared the script to every one in class, even the Adigun twins got their script before mine. Now i am left to wonder , did i not do the test which i clerly did, or the teacher just choose to over look my script.

" now last but not the least, who is Maddlen Adeyemi Coker." he called out my name and i froze. Yep I am definately in for it. With my lips in a thin line, slowly but surly I lifted my hand slightly above my head as i tried not to panic. it took a while but after scanning the class room for three minutes his eyes finally settled on me. " cant you talk? and you just kept quiet there like that. my friends stand up !."

I quickly did as i was told and looked down scared to looks at his face. through my perplexed vision i saw that my seat patner was pointing at me , i didnt want to give it much thought, but as i stylishly looked around me, i notice the whole class was pointin at me.

"holy shit" i mumbled, i couldnt even hide even if i wanted too, not with the way every one was pointing at me.
"Maddlyin can you look at me ? i am just as human as you are so please look up." he instructed i took in a deep breath, gathered courage and finally looked up only to meet him smiling.. Okay that was weird, he was frowning and glaring at us a few minutes ago, why is he smiling now, more importantly why is he smiling at me. i wanted to ask but i had to bite my cheeks to stop myself.

" you all should rise up, face her, and give her a round of appulse. " He instucted, and i was schoked, what happened? what did i do? the suspense was building inside all of us but most especially me. I watched as all my class mates stood up and reluctantly followed what the teacher instructed. they all took there seat once they had done what he instructed. finally bringing out my script and handing it over to me he said.

" what your class rep couldn't achieve, what the Adigun twins failed miserably at, that is what your fellow classmate achieved with ease. sit maddlyn, she is the only that got 18 out of 20 in this goverment test, and she is suppose to be the one with disabilities."

the whole class shirked "what?" but i couldn't, not a single word came out of my mouth even though it was slightly ajar. What was i really seeing, 18 out of 20, that means i got two to three questions wrong. how is that even possilble, with my inverted handwriting, with the questions i answered half way due to the short time, with the questions i was sure i was going to miss. with all that, i still mange to get 18 out of 20. i check the script thoroughly just to be sure it was my script, and sure enough my name was right there writtin boldly.

Is this a dream? I subtly pinched my self and once i felt pain i knew it wasn't a dream. it was real. i cant belive i actually got 18 out of 20, i got the highest score in the whole class, art and commerical combined. "Whao" i breathed out finally looking up from my script. This was definaly too good to be true., becuse last i checked, my highest in all this test is 16 out of 20 or 6 out of 10 which isn't so poor coming from a dyslexia patient but damn this is next level stuff. I never knew i could pull 18 out of 20, out of me. I guess I cant really take all thr credit. I i have to thank Denise for being there and studying with me through out the ss2 to ss3 holiday, it wasnt loong but i sure as hell made good use of it.

" you know i wasnt conviced that you could pull it off Adeyemi. after marking your script i had to look up your history with this school and, i found out a lot of things that i am sure you wouldn't want me mentioning in class. i just have but of one question. how? how did you do it?"

" hmm well, i guess i am a really good listener. and as the saying goes, where there is a will, there is always away. " i concluded my lips in a thing line, he smiled and nodded before saying. " you all should better sit up, she must not get higher than everyone else in exam oo, especially the Adigun twins, I'll be watching you." and with that he left finally and the whole class became a bickering mess. a lot of people were facing the twins because in truth it was their fault. if they weren't smiling during his pep talk he wouldnt have noticed them, let alone give us a test when some people where just coming to school for the first time that day.

To some that wasnt much of a problem, what was bugging them was how and why i was the only that got 18 over 20 in the test. I could feel their hot stares on me as they glared a dagger through all four corners of my head. "i cant belive the dummy finally did a brain trasplant so she could score higher than us" someone commmented behind me but i chose to ignore.

" i cant believe she slept her way with the government techer to pull out that score " Samantha spat with contempt and her new friend, who happen to be a new student, Saloni agreed with her. she joined our school first week of resumption and since Samantha was her tour guide, they bonded really well.

what i didn't like or tolerate was how she was a huge ass kiss and a fake face, only doing stuffs to make sure she stays Samantha bestfriend, even if it meant running her mouth like tap water and shocking her mouth in places it is not wanted. "She should be ashamed of her self, but she is smiling like she didn't use her body to earn that score"

"tsk tsk! really Saloni, you literally just got here and here you are kissing up to Samantha just to be in her good books. Stop being such a two face bitch and own up to the fact that you didn't prepare for the test. Oh and final warning, the next time you imply that i am a hoe again, I'm going to make you regret it in ways you never expected. have a great day colleagues." I concluded they were all looking at me, too stunned to say a world. I simply scoffed before leaving them in class and headed for lunch.

Happy international womens day. Yours truly Chloe Babajide.
Sorry for the long wait