Chapter 2: Training

Song- Cringe by Matt Maeson

I remove my gloves as I use the back of my hand to wipe the blood dripping down from my nose

I remove my gloves as I use the back of my hand to wipe the blood dripping down from my nose. Sweat drips down my back, and all I want to do is take a nice long hot shower to relieve my muscles.

"Here." Kai says, tossing me a towel to hold against my nose.

"Sorry about that." Milo says as he squirts water from his water bottle into his mouth, half of it missing causing the mat below him to get wet.

"Don't worry about it. A bloody nose is nothing." I say, pulling the towel down from my nose, it's not bleeding to bad.

I walk towards my bag and take out a pair of fresh new clothes,"I'm gonna hop in the shower." I yell out to the guys, as I walk into the bathrooms.

I hear the sounds of their feet bouncing around the ring, and I hear someone pounding their fists into the punching bag. Causing the chain connected to the ceiling to rattle.

I turn the shower on and strip my clothes. The water burning hot as I step inside. Closing the curtain around me as the water falls onto my back. I spit onto the shower floor, blood tinting the water a scarlet red. I watch as the water swirls down the drain. The bleeding slowly coming to a stop.

I run my hands through my hair, pushing it away from my face. Leaning my head back as I relish in the feeling. My muscles relaxing after a hard day of practice.

Coach has been working me extra hard. I've got a match coming up, and the last thing we need is to get distracted.

The guy I'm fighting is nothing special. I've fought him once before and it was a close fight. We were at the same skill level back then, but I've been pushing myself harder, and I've improved a lot.

I grab the shampoo and lather it into my hair. Soap running down my body as it bubbles up. Rinsing that out I put conditioner in and lather my body with body wash.

I don't want to get out. It feels so nice in here.

I lean my head against the wall and close my eyes as I listen to the silent fall of the water against the tile floor.

Banging on the bathroom door snaps me out of my daze.

"Hey King, we're all heading down to the bar. You coming?" I hear Luca call out. They must have already showered, I didn't even realize.

"I think i'm just gonna head home tonight." I yell back, not really in the mood to drink. I just want to go home, eat and go to bed. I can practically hear my bed calling out for me.