Chapter 17: Skipping stones

Roman: Be ready at 7:00 tonight, I'm taking you somewhere

I stare down at the text as I'm sitting on my couch, I just sent the pictures to Arina. I pick my phone up, glancing at the clock to see it's 5:30.

What do you have planned?

Roman: you'll have to wait and see ;)

Well that doesn't help. Do I wear a dress, jeans, shorts? It's pretty hot out today so is it outside? As I'm thinking this he sends another text.

Roman: wear a bathing suit under your clothes

A ping from my computer forces me to look away from my phone, and focus back on my work. I see a new email from Arina.

Arabelle,

   Thank you so much for working with us this past weekend. Your work is flawless, and I am so happy that I decided to work with you on Sunday. You are incredibly talented and I will definitely be looking to work with you again. Look out for another email from me.  I have sent your check in the mail, Thank you again.

-Arina Petrov

I smile down at my computer before deciding to go check my mailbox. I don't remember the amount of money she owes me, but I'm sure I wrote it down somewhere.

I sigh as I pull myself up from the couch. I don't think I've moved from the couch at all today except to pee and eat. It's just one of those days.

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately. For a little bit my nightmares stopped. I was sleeping peacefully through the night, and waking up early like I used too. But now their back, and I've only been able to sleep until around 5 am before I have a nightmare.

I end up to scared to go back to sleep, so I'll shower and make myself hot chocolate. I'll make myself comfy on the couch and read or watch a show, before I end up falling back to sleep hours later.

I slip on my slippers and grab my keys off the hook. I'm still in my leopard pajama pants and white zip up hoodie.

I shuffle towards the elevator, covering my mouth as I yawn. My hair was last brushed after my shower at 6 this morning, and I'm sure it's a mess.

The elevator opens and I step inside. As the door is closing someone's hand blocks the door.

"Sorry." The door opens to reveal a tall lanky blonde guy. He steps inside, shoving his hands in his short pockets.