Chapter 31: Something is Wrong

A/n up top is a picture of June

There is unfortunately no song for this chapter because I couldn't find one

"Oh, it was lovely working with you again Arabelle." Arina Petrov pulls me into a tight hug.

"I love working with you Miss.Petrov." I reply

"How many times must I tell you to call me Arina." She pulls away, her strong Russian accent making her sound extremely serious.

"Right, sorry."

"No need to apologize Arabelle, but I want to continue to work with you so I would like if you called me Arina."

"Of course." I nod, pulling the strap of my camera bag over my shoulder. "You know where to contact me the next time you want me to take pictures for you."

"I honestly think you are going to become my new go to girl." She flashes me her dazzling perfectly white smile.

She leads me towards the elevator and we say our goodbyes. I promised to have all of these photos to her by the end of the week, because she does want me to edit them this time. So, this week is going to be busy.

I've got a birthday dinner with my parents, a date night with Roman, and I am going out with the others for Halloween, so my nights are packed this week.

I button up my coat, saying goodbye to the receptionist before making my way outside. I'm at the same building as I was the last time I worked with Arina, so I was able to walk here again. It's pretty nice out today, but it is cold enough to need a jacket.

On my way back home, I decide to pop into my favorite coffee shop for a nice vanilla latte, needing the energy to stay awake during my date tonight.

The smell of freshly baked pastries and coffee hit my nose as I step into the quiet cafe. No one is here right now because it closes in an hour, and it is also later in the day.

"Arabelle! What a lovely surprise." Yasmin greets me, she's got a gorgeous maroon hijab on.

"Hello, lovey." She rounds the glass counter that is scarce of pastries, "you've been busy." I say as she pulls me into a hug.

"Yes, it's been crazy busy all day." She pulls away from the hug and glances around the cozy cafe, her hands on her hips. "I'm the last one here and I'm charge of closing up. Henry left around half an hour ago, so you just missed him."

"That's a shame, I haven't seen him in a while."

"Yeah, you haven't been coming here as much as you used to. What's got you so busy?" She asks as she makes her way back around the counter.