Chapter 6: Girls Night Out

Don't you think it's so interesting how pictures can make you feel a certain way or make you view life through a different perspective

You could look at a photo of two dogs sitting next to each other staring at the camera with their tongues hanging out to the side. But if you observe the photo and look a little closer you could notice the faint scar upon one of their noses and a small, barely there hole, in the others ear. These scars will make you think, maybe these dogs aren't just best friends, but best friends with a heartbreaking story they wish they could share, not with their flaws but with their words. They might be best friends who both went through unimaginable things, but no matter what they stuck together like glue.

Taking the time to truly understand things can help you see that the world is flawed.

No scratch that.

Humans are the flaws of earth.

Not all, but most are.

Being able to capture such minuscule details in a photo that no average person would take the time to notice, makes me love my job.

As I'm creating a dent in the cushion of my couch, sipping a cup of cold coffee, I take the time to observe the wedding photos I'm editing.

One glance at this couple and you can tell their in love. But if you look closer you can see the love swirling in the husbands eyes, as he stares at his wife without her knowing. Moving to the next photo that was taken seconds later you see the wife catching him staring, a slight blush rising to her cheeks and she smiles at him. A smile that tells the whole world how happy she is with him. Then the next photo, a photo of them bursting out laughing because she caught him. But one thing that never changes in these photos, is the hand on her waist, and the hand that is trying to discreetly hold her pinky behind his back.

I hope one day I'll be able to love someone without any fear of them ever hurting me.

I smile as I stare at the photo, placing my cold cup of coffee on the table in front of me. I move my pointer finger along the keyboard as I change the lighting, and get rid of the slight glare. I remove any unnecessary shadows, and slowly make the photo come to life.

The Lumineers play softly in the background, as candles flicker around me. I have one lamp on towards the corner of my living room. The room an orange hue from the floor to wall windows that display the golden sunset.

I notification from my phone pulls me out of my concentration.

Mavis: Open your door.

I close my laptop, uncurling my legs from under me. Standing up, my legs almost give out from the sitting position I've been in all night. I shuffle my way to my door, unlocking it, and moving the lock on top as well. I open my door to see Mavis, Eloise, and Eden all standing there with multiple bags and smiles that say 'please don't kill us' on their faces.