Chapter 12: Text message

Song- Almost by Hozier

"Shit!Shit!Shit!" I hear Mavis scream from my kitchen

I continue to wash off my body wash, as I hear them continue to yell. I am not their mother, so whatever's happening out there, they can deal with themselves.

I sigh, grabbing my face wash and lather my face as I continue to hear the three of them yell every curse word under the sun.

"Fuck that's hot."

"The smoke alarm is gonna go off."

"I just wanted some goddamn eggs."

"Oh my god there is so much fucking smoke."

If they burn my fucking house down I swear to god. I think as I rinse my face off.

"Fuck." I mutter as soap gets in my eye. I quickly shut off the shower and grab my towel off the towel rack. "Fuck, fuck fuck." I roughly rub my eyes with the towel until I feel the stinging stop.

"Hey Belle!" Mavis bangs on the bathroom door.

"Please don't tell me my kitchen is in ashes right now."

"Nope we are all good, but how do you open these stupid windows. We need to let all the smoke out before the alarm goes off."

"Give me a sec." I groan, quickly wrapping my towel around myself before wrapping another one around my hair. I make sure the towel around my body is secure before opening up the door.

I step out of the steaming bathroom and come face to face with my kitchen filled smoke. I see Eloise and Eden waving dishcloths and magazines in the air, trying to clear the smoke.

I walk over to Mavis who is trying to open the windows.

"Just push this thing in until you hear it click and then pull it to the left." I demonstrate to her how to open the windows.

She makes her way over to the other four windows in my living room as I open the two in my kitchen.

"What happened?" I ask as I stare at the mess in my kitchen.  There is a burnt towel on the kitchen island, that must have been used to put out the fire. The eggs are still out, and there are a shit ton of dishes sprawled out across the kitchen.

I pull the towel out of my hair and throw it on the kitchen table. Running my fingers through it in attempt to untangle it.

"All I wanted were some fucking eggs." Eloise starts, "but Mavis didn't pass home economics in middle school, and can't make scrambled eggs."

"Oh my god! You could have made your own fucking eggs." Mavis exclaims, throwing her hands in the air.

"You offered?"

"Would you two just shut the fuck up." Eden says grabbing Eloise's arm.

"Thank you Arabelle for letting us spend the night but we better get going." Eden says as she drags Eloise towards the front door. Grabbing their shoes, putting hers on and shoving Eloise's in her arms