Chapter 8: Eye Contact

A loud bang from somewhere in my apartment makes me jolt up from my couch

A loud bang from somewhere in my apartment makes me jolt up from my couch. I rub my eyes and glance around.

No ones in my apartment, that's a good thing.

I swing my legs over the side of the couch, I yawn as I crack my neck. Waking up from naps are the worst. I have no idea what time, or day it even is. I look up to see that my t.v is stuck on the continue watching page. It seems I fell asleep watching Greys Anatomy. I couldn't tell you why watching a bunch of doctors have sex and fix hearts was entertaining, but it was.

The loud banging starts up again, it must be coming from the door. I place my feet on the cold hardwood floor and make my way over to the door. My whole body feels out of it.

"Do you think she's dead? She never takes this long to answer the door."

"Omg what if the girl drugged her."

Muffled voices continue to speak as I get closer to the door. I twist the locks on my door and swing it open, someone's hand stopping just before my face preparing to knock again.

"Oh thank god." Mavis sighs dropping her hand, Eloise and Eden roll their eyes at her exaggeration.

"What are you guys doing here?" I ask stepping aside to let them enter.

"We wanted to hang out and see how you were doing from last night." Mavis says going over to my pantry.

"Yeah you scored well last night. She was hot." Eloise says pointing a finger at me.

"Guys-"

"Oh my god is she still here?" Mavis whisper yells.

"No, no she went home," I glance at the clock above the oven, " around 5 hours ago."

"Mhm well I see you definitely had fun." Eloise teases as she pushes some hair away from my neck, revealing the two hickeys Isla left.

"Oh, I definitely did."

I walk past them into the kitchen and open the fridge, "Now why did you guys really come here?" I glance at them as I pull out a Snapple from the fridge.

"What makes you think we didn't want to just check up on our dear old friend." Mavis puts her feet over the back of my couch as she hangs upside down.

"Do you think I'm dumb?"

"Someone met an incredibly hot guy last night." Eden tells me as she side steps me to get herself a drink.

"Oooh was it the hot tall guy you were dancing with?" I ask in a singsong voice. I place my drink on the coffee table and sit next to Mavis.

Mavis let's put a big sigh before removing her legs from the back of the couch and turning to sit upright.

"Yup that's him." I glance at her telling her to continue. "His name is Milo Vantiglio, and he's a professional boxer." Eloise and Eden join us on the sofa as Mavis continues to rant..