Chapter 11: Homecoming

Song- This Life by Vampire Weekend

"Oh my god please stop." I yell as I cover my face with both my hands.

Everyone around the table laughs as Mavis tells the story of our freshman homecoming.

Aka the most embarrassing night of my life.

"It was so bad, her nose was broken and she passed out." Mavis laughs as she tells the story. "She was laying in puddle of her own blood as everyone was watching."

"I specifically remember a slow song playing in the background too." Eloise shakes her head as she recalls that awful night.

Freshman year homecoming was probably one of the most embarrassing moments of my life.

Chase Williams was the worst dancer and date I could have gone with.

He was attractive, and all the girls loved him because he was an amazing basketball player. And I just so happened to be the one he asked to go to homecoming with.

I didn't even like him more than a friend, but I still said yes.

He didn't ask in some extravagant way, where he held a sign in front of the whole school forcing me to say yes because of the audience.

Instead he got me a box of chocolates and one of my favorite flowers. A poppy flower.

He came up to me at the end of school as I was walking home, so no one saw us.

It was actually really sweet, but I'm pretty sure he picked the flower from the school garden.

But it's the thought that counts.

Anyways long story short, I was wearing a cute navy blue dress that ended a quarter of the way down my thighs, and I was so excited to go to my first dance. I put makeup on and my dad made me take a bunch of pictures.

We went out to eat with a bunch of our friends, and it was all going great until we actually got there.

Poor chase thought he was such a good dancer, because he had pretty privilege and got hyped up. We danced and had fun, me, Mavis, and Eloise laughed at him but he thought we were laughing with him.

Bless him.

He was doing all these weird moves like the robot, and he was twirling on the floor trying to breakdance.

I got such secondhand embarrassment from being his date.

When a slow song finally came on, he held his hand out to me, and walked me to the dance floor with everyone else. All he had to do was put his hands on my waist and move his feet, but he still managed to fuck it up.

We were more on the outside of the dance floor, near the tables, and he decided to twirl me.

The twirl went well but then he dipped me.