Chapter 4: Parents

song/ I'll be good by Jaymes Young

My fingers dance across the fabric of the different clothes in my closet

My fingers dance across the fabric of the different clothes in my closet. Yellows, pinks, greens, whites, blacks and every color you could think of filled my closet.

Dinner with my parents was always interesting. Having one stereotypical gay dad that will scold me if I call a shirt blue when it's really cerulean. Then we have my other dad who barely knows the difference between white and cream, but he's definitely learned a lot from my dad throughout the years.

Jackson and Will, the high school sweethearts. They are so in love with each other it's unbelievable. Constantly giving each other little kisses and brushing each other's hands. Binge watching some dumb reality show or screaming at a Seahawks game on the t.v.

I remember when I could barely walk up until I left for college we would have bake offs. Blasting random music, and making a mess of the kitchen as we danced around it. When I was young I always won, but after I turned 11 they were done with me always winning and it got very competitive. Dad once cut his finger and it was bleeding everywhere. Being his dramatic self he scared poor little 12 year old me and fake passed out, I thought he was dead.

I use to crave that kind of love, but after what happened I don't know if i'll ever get it.

Dinner was casual and just at the house so I choose to go with a sage green long sleeve top, with Blue jeans with a slight flare at the bottom, and cream heels.I added some gold jewelry as well. My makeup was very light with just some mascara, bronzer, concealer, and lip gloss.

I added some light curls to my hair and grabbed my bag. Saying goodbye to my cat June and I was out the door.

                                          ••••••

Pulling up the long driveway to our house, I notice my parents sitting in the chairs on the front porch. Parking my car and gathering my bag I open my door and make my towards the porch.

"Belle, darling." Dad says pulling me into a tight hug. I smile up at him as I turn to Papa

"Hello sweetheart." He says smiling down at me and pulling me into a huge bear hug. "How are you?" He asks pulling away his eyes filled with concern. They know I hate pity, but as my parents they can't help but worry.

"I'm doing better." I sigh. " Definitely doing better."

"That's great to hear." Dad says.

We make our way inside and the smell of chicken and parmesan fill the air.

"I made my famous chicken parmesan." Papa claps his hands together as he makes his way into the kitchen. We follow after him, Dad pulling out three wine glasses and pouring some red wine into each. "By the way I love your outfit, that light green looks great on you."