seas of pain

I lye on the floor, the deep breaths I'm taking hurting my ribs and lungs. When he said he'd hurt me, he was not lying. The room spins around me, making my head spin and my stomach tumble around uncomfortably.

I push myself up against the wall, bracing my back against the hard surface as a wave of nasuea hits me head on and forces me to hold onto my legs tightly so i don't throw up. My right eye is basically glued shut with the amount of swelling covering the lid. I couldn't even open that one if i tried.

"Pete?" I call out and open my eye a little, just enough to let the dank light fill my iris and show me what surrounds me. The light floods into my eye and i can feel the pupil shrink with the sudden brightness and my head explode with pain.

"Pete?" I call out again, but I get no response, making my heart race faster than it already was, and my chest start to tighten up. The need to find Pete overriddes the pain, and i slowly push myself, using the wall to support my weight once again.

The last thing I remember, Nick was on top of me, hitting me and saying something about money. I don't know how long i've been out, but i'm guessing awhile, with the amount of pain i'm in, i'm sure that it hurt way more before.

"Nick!" I scream out, my voice hoarse and dry, like i haven't had water for a couple of days. I ignore the skull splitting pain ripping through my skull with every word and turning my thoughts to mush, and yell another time.

Footsteps approach the door and my breathing stops for a moment, everything around me freezing and taunting me with the silence. "what?" Nick slowly opens the door, peering through the small slot and looking at me strangely.

It takes me a moment to collect my thoughts, but once the jumbled mess that is my head is sorted out, I turn and look at Nick. His face shows no regret for what he's done to me, not even the tiniest bit and i'd be lying if i said i didn't want to make him pay.

"Why did you kidnap me and my friend?" I use all the strength i have to look at Nick while I talk to him, not letting him see just how hurt and weak I am.

"I have been watching you for weeks, and I know how rich you and your family are." He says, pushing throught the door so now he is completely in the room. He kinda of reminds me of one of my neighbors that just moved in next door.

"So let me get this straight. You were stalking me and my family, and took me from my family, just for some money? How long have I even been here?" My voice does little to conceal the annoyance bubbling up under my skin. This man took me from my family and beat me just for some flippin' money.

"Well, i need to support my daughter, and you guys have more than enough money. I thought you could share with me." His statement makes my body go hot with anger.

"Can I strike up a deal with you?" I ask him, trying to use anything i can to try and get Pete and I out of this wretched place and back home to our families.

"What do you have to offer?" He looks onto me curiously, the gears in his mind visibly turning. I can tell that he's not really a bad guy, he just wants money to support himself and his daughter, if this is what it takes to save myself and Pete, it's worth it.

" In my left pocket of the pants i came in is my wallet. That wallet holds 1,000 dollars. You can have it and monthly payments from me if you let us go." At this point, i'm being honest when i offer this up to him. He just seems like a good dad that can't support his daughter and i honestly want to help him out.

"That sounds like a deal, but how do I know you aren't lying?" He wrings his hand together nervously, slowly letting out a large breath.
"You'll just have to trust me. Im a good guy." I shrug my shoulders and wince as the muscles in my neck scream with pain, I should not have done that. His eyes fall upon my bruised body and widen, as if this is the first time he is actually seeing me.