A New Chapter of A Bleak Exsistence

Ryan's P.O.V
    "I never thought she would do it." I dab the cotton swab on Brendon's lip, pulling back as he winces.
    "I'm so sorry Brendon. I never should have let her do this." I apologize again, moving to the cut along his perfect jaw.
    He waves me off and leans forward, kissing my cheek and leaving a small puddle of blood.
    "It's ok, but we are not going back to that house." Brendon stands from his bathtub, ignoring my requests for him to let me finish.
    I know it's not a good idea to stay away from my mother any more than it's a good idea to go back.
    But I know, that if I'm with Brendon, she can't hurt me. As Brendon stands, he wobbles and almost falls. She really hurt him.
    "Please leave me alone and get back in bed! You're sick for goodness sake!" Brendon grabs my shoulders and leads me to his bed.
    "And you're injured. What's your point?" I smile at him, knowing I've won this battle.
    "Fine." He says and huffs angrily.
    He brings me to his bed. He tucks me in and then crawls next to me.
    "I really am sorry babe. She has never hurt anyone else before." I say and rub my neck, looking at the blood pooling on his pillow.
    "Look, with the news I got today, nothing can hurt me." I raise my eyebrows and sit up on my elbow, looking at him.

    "I've been signed to a record label!" Brendon sits up quickly and grabs my wrists.
    I wince but still manage a smile. This is all he has talked abiut since the first time I met him.
    "That's amazing!!" The smile drops from his face as quickly as it had consumed it and he looks sad.
    "It would be, but we still don't have a guitarist." I look over at the two guitars sitting in the corner of his room and frown.
    "I'm sorry. You will find someone." I say and even I don't believe what im saying, but Brendon nods his head and kisses me.
    The taste of blood brings back memories but i push them aside and continue the kiss with Brendon.
    Far too soon, he pulls away and just looks into my face.
    "You are so beautiful. I'm glad I can call you mine." My cheeks heat up at his words and im sure they are the color of a fresh rose.
    "Come here." Brendon pulls me closer until my hips rest against his stomach. The heat emanating off of him makes me smile.
    My chest contracts and I cough roughly. After a minute of long deep coughing, i look at brendon again.
    "R-ryan?" Brendon picks up his hand to show me the red splotches all over it.
    Crimson blood drips from my chin onto my shirt. I wipe it away with my sleeve quickly.
    "Are you okay?" Brendon's eyes register the panic that must be reflected in my eyes.
    "Oh yeah. It must just be from my mom earlier. I'm fine." He nods, but I can tell he isn't convinced.

                                                                                                ###

    "Where are you boys going?" Brendon's mother asks as we come down the stairs. I help Brendon walk over to the kitchen table where his mother is sitting.

    "I was going to take Ryan to our favourite bowling spot. Don't worry, he will drive." His mother looks worried for a second but then smiles and nods. 

    "You two have fun." Brendon smiles and leads me out to his car. He gets in the passenger side and hands me the keys. My nervous fingers fumble with the cold metal and almost drop them, but I control myself and hold them steadily.

    I get in the driver's seat and start the car. I can feel the power contained in the engine as it roars to life. I have never driven a car this nice and I'm terrified I will wreck it somehow. Brendon smiles over at me and gently takes my hand.

    His touch eases my nerves a little and we are on our way. Ten minutes of driving and we have already passed the only bowling alley in town. I look over to Brendon and he just smiles, which sets my stomach full of fluttering butterflies.

    "Where are we going Brendon?" I look at him again as the road changes from pavement to loose dirt and rocks.

    "Just take the next right." I keep my eyes peeled but don't see any street signs. He points ahead and I see a tiny dirt road branching off of this one. There is barely enough room to fit this car.