Chapter Four

Eyes fluttering open like they'd just woken up from a heavy night of sleep, Miguel was sure and ready for the day's work, grabbing some spare change to buy a milk packet from the local Quick Stop for the puppy by Lanavan street, he somewhat had expected for it to be there by the shade as it had been so similarly since a couple months.

But first, he had thought of checking up on the ants, and when he did so, he was surely in for a pleasant surprise. The chimes of bells rung around as insects of unknown origins flew around, fire works of beautiful and Grand stature glowing off into the dark distance as the miniature 'sun' rose from the east.

It all seemed like the work of a robotic engineering lab, robots or something. And all of it was done by nature itself, humanoid-insectisoids combinations, beetles that had been accidentally whisked along had become something like special operation soldiers in the skies, as the land was sprawling with life, from about advanced butterflies that gave companionship to those that couldn't fly in the clear blue skies as converted planes.

Ants dominated overall, but somehow all other creatures lived together in harmony, near perfect harmony.

Feeling his lungs slightly ease up through the stabbing pain, the burn subsided for a bit as he exited towards the outside, accidentally tapping the scroll's blue light which he strangely enough felt content at looking at, and was coherent by now.

He didn't know what he did, but with a smile, he leaped through the air while putting on his simple work attire for the day.

Escaping from the confines of his wooden planked house for the transition of concrete and greenery all around, Miguel was certainly finding more reasons than he could count to smile today.

Walking with a lips curled upwards, exchanging pleasantries with people all around him, neighbours and strangers and what not, it was just a weird habit of his that he had picked up after living in the rural side of the north western part of his country.

Most reciprocated his behaviour, but for those that didn't, he didn't pay much heed to the issue, marching on forward through the shade towards the local bus stop for Lanavan street, just a bit off the Quick Stop nearby.

Finding the sun gleaming across the pond nearby to be an extremely lavish opportunity for a quick photo or two from his rusty old built in camera, the phone's flashing indicating that it had all gone through fruition.

Having already gotten his phone out, he looked at the notifications, seeing that his email was apparently holding something new for him, perhaps he would be granted new work from now, and he hoped it would be far away from deadly gases in the factory.

However, upon a further curiosity driven glance, he saw that what he had expected hadn't come as he had hoped, instead giving a gut wrenching punch to him, feeling the burning sensation carried across his diaphragm and oesophagus.

    "You are hereby terminated from working duties, you are not required to come to work from today onwards, Mr. Ohara."

What made him think this was a prank was the short amount of time frame in which it was sent, having arrived just a minute or two before when he should have been on the bus, however it being later than scheduled had helped make the trip less of a distance back.

However the email address was clearly his corporation's, Sherber mining Corp. And the sender had clearly used his family name to address him, which caused his heart to suddenly feel the constant contractions garner more and more pressure.

It felt claustrophobic, and he felt ashamed for some or the other reason, wronged by the world even but he tried to laugh it off, he could land a job somewhere, right?