Chapter Twenty Four

Miguel scrambled to catch his breath as the wind roared in his face, his red eyes darting to the area where he would hit on impact.

He was covered in lacerations and bruises, bloody stains covering his pseudo-noble apparels with a crimson curtain of horror.

Finally he struck the ground, unharmed, yet he winced.

He didn't even know why the swashbuckling scallywags had forced their swords and drawn their daggers upon him, he left it upto whatever ran this world when he didn't to figure out what to do as he made his way over by the window, his vision blurred and feeling disoriented.

He finally had met his match and coughed, tumbling down onto the floor whilst viewing the ceiling, the baby blue walls looked rather annoying to him now.

He found a careless smile creep up to his lips as a stifle emerged from his thin lips, he found it ironic that his greatest enemy would see him lying around in such a state, how easy would it be for her to just put her hands on him roughly?

It would take but a moment, and he wouldn't be able to help himself up at all; however a promise was a promise, even if she didn't ever return the favour.

Some minutes went by as his red eyes peered over by the utilities door that creaked open, in came the blonde with a rather rosy cheeked look.

He frowned, even though he was being inconsiderate and bloodying up her room's floor right now he couldn't help but feel something; a tinge of an emotion he hadn't experienced before.

Prior to now all he could ever feel was greed and envy, so naturally this felt like an emotion closer to the two than not.

Yet something didn't feel right, he was never envious of her, why would he be now?

Perhaps the letter that was in her hand was the answer, perhaps his greed was for her attention that he just could not muster up the courage to seek.

So he lied there for a second or two before it dawned on the blonde, whatever she do now he just hoped it would be quick.

A stifle of a  wretched shriek came running to his ears that shook them like a tsunami at sea, his ear drums were blaring due to her yet he could do nothing but wince in his red colored clothes.

  "H-hey! What the Hell happened?! A-are you alright!?" She asked with a calm and careful whisper.

He felt the echoes of a chuckle go through his lips as he nodded along, he could see right through her yet he refrained from commenting a witty remark.

"Do I look alright?" Or rather, refrained from commenting too much of a witth remark.

He tensed, waiting for the eventual stab or the gutting process to begin, but his mind soon relaxed at being carried to her own bed, it was fluffy and comfortable, yet now sullied by his abhorrent blood.

"I'll get a doctor- wait no that wouldn't work- I'll get the medical kit, just hang on!"

He coughed up blood, his lungs felt searing pain go through them once more like prickly needles poking at his very self as he nodded along once more.

Throughout the day he felt rather embarrassed, he hadn't ever seen such a side to her, though the again he had never shown such a side to her either.

After he could sit upright without the aid of his red eyes softening the agony he began to talk.

"Alright you idiot, what the Hell did you mess up this time?" She asked with Miguel trying with all his might not to smile, and adding another colossal defeat at her hands that day he recounted everything that had happened thus far, barring the private chat he had with Virgil of course.