Chapter Twenty Six

After the dance and celebrating feast was finally over, Miguel and Anna limped over to their carriage; finally ready to go back home.

Anna had completed her own few tasks she had arranged for herself, getting key information would be crucial in avoiding the ongoing civil war's stagnating skirmishes.

But Miguel on the other hand didn't really have a purpose at the party.

Sure he enjoyed it alot, but something just didn't feel right to him, standing side by side with nobles and people with a holier-than-thou attitude at a feast that could feed hundreds, perhaps even more if rationed carefully, as the entire peasant and lower classes starved.

Though he sighed, leaning onto Anna's shoulder by accident.

He was tired and truly couldn't bother with anything anymore, for after seeing such a brutal execution as well at the party was rather upsetting, though it made his gut instincts certainly proven right about Resourd.

The blonde next to him smiled, they had been close since they were children and it wouldn't be a far fetched tale to say her father fancied him, perhaps even more than his own daughter even.

"I can't believe it's over." Miguel noted, and his rival agreed with him.

She lamented on the fact that she thought today was going to be stress free, "I'm totally exhausted, can't even move a damn muscle, damn those noblesse!" She remarked, looking at him expectantly.

Miguel snickered along, "I don't like those pompous bastards either, Rouge."

"Oh do I loathe them," She said with gritted teeth, narrowing her eyes at him, he chuckled nervously, had she figured out that he was secretly a noble in disguise? Though she continued, leaning more towards him this time, he could even feel her breath on his face by now.

"I'm so exhausted, did you hear that?" She said, though when he tilted his head in confusion she just gave up for the day, muttering something along the lines of, "You're way too oblivious, you idiot."

"What? What'd I do wrong?" He asked, though she just puffed her chest up and walked away, back to their current base of operations.

They soon all departed to their allocated rooms inside of Anna's manor, though Miguel just couldn't fall asleep in such a luxurious state, fit more for nobles or someone of a higher status such as Anna Rouge herself than himself.

And so he did what he always did, he went out for a stroll, upon the rooftops, in the cover of of the dead night.

He felt the wind caress his face gently as though he were it's own child, breathing in the cold and fresh air was a delight, and he knew why.

And it was there, barely even visible he was standing there by the dangerous tiles with a smile gracing his lips.

"Yuf," Miguel started without turning his back, his eyes fixated solely upon the beauty of the streets, "Lad, what got you up so early in the morning?"

He asked, and being the polite man Yuf was, he answered in retaliation, "You, for a lack of a better word, sir," He continued after getting up onto the rooftop, his forehead drenched as he panted to recover his breath, "Though please take care to be slower next time, will you? I had almost fractured my neck and spine four nights ago due to your little habits."

Miguel rolled his eyes. "Well lad, not like I ever told you to try imitating me." He responded.

The burnt out brunette sat by his side and casually asked out loud, "Sir, if I may?"

"Shoot," Miguel said, "Go ahead, I'm all ears." He said.

Yuf shook his head, his choking expression calming down slightly he reignited the flames of conversation.