Chapter Seventeen

He ran, he ran as fast as he could, it was all his fault and he knew it, just around his street he had seen a car crash and in the damned and familiar car was someone he knew and loved for deeply, that's what he felt for her, friendly love and affection.

She was older than him, yet she was going to be dying younger, with no way to save her at all that too.

When suddenly, a spark went off in the accident site, a spark of an idea, and now here he was, a wounded and comatosed blonde in the lab, hooked upto who knows what the clever ants had made for him.

He felt like it was all just a big long nightmare, he had these types of dreams frequently when his family was still with him, and he hoped he would wake up from it soon, just so he could cherish his time with Annabel more seriously.

Yet even after several strikes by his own hands, the pain subsided, his consciousness from the dream world did not, for this was no dream; this was reality and he had nothing he could do now that she was dying, and the papers in her care in her car, the facts she had brought to him in a fervent rush of remarkable bouncing excitement was the cause for his misery.

A cure, or at the very least an operation that could in theory extend his lifetime by atleast thirty or so years, expensive yes, but he was pretty darn sure Annabel would have persuaded Blanders and Coin to loan them some cash for it, that or even pay it all just for him to survive, Blanders seemed rather upfront about it yesterday.

He had been a fool, he should have just told her about his remedy to the situation and it's workings, but he was scared. He didn't trust her that far to tell her about the supernatural, he was afraid of her rejection, and now smiling sadly, he looked back in retrospect at what could have been a happy ending.

Quickly bringing one of the last remaining ant folk alive to his location, he counted in his head the number of his servants by now, barely three even if he counted the one coming up to him at the very moment.

    "You.. you're almost dead, just a couple minutes and you'll drop.. you know what, I'm tired of all of this, before you die, I'll grant you a name, so let's test out a theory of mine, shall we, Yuf?"

He turned after the ant man died, he didn't cause it as it just suddenly stopped moving. He needed to get more working hands on his projects, so he quickly turned over to the Elven continent, seeing that somehow the ant people over there had taken care of and died for the Elven people, or rather toddlers that were left to the world.

He sighed before letting the last two ants out into the world, they would live for a couple days before perishing aswell.

And finally, he took one last look to the blonde, she wasn't looking so good, beads of sweat on her face as if she was having a nightmare, which made him smile a bit, wiping her damp forehead with a towel by his desk used for himself when he works all nighters.

     "Annabel, I won't lose you too.. I won't." With silent mouthed out words of determination and a newfound sense of courage kicking in, he quickly made many more ant people after capturing wild ones, introducing insects to the land at the same time, several varieties infact, modifying them of course to not be too invasive and be inline with the rules that be.

He looked at the world's history now, the calendars showed that it was by now 1799, with the fifth crusade and excursion still going on, but by the hands of a new King, the old one being dead and having also been replaced by his brother, who also died mysteriously, Leonibar'altu Atulu Ist being his name, perishing in the collapse of a castle, people thought nothing much about it though as no one liked his rule, not even the Aristocrats.

The Royals had by that time established the Aristocratic system, people of higher bloodlines were given control of the land, called as the other, other descendants of Leonidas Atulu, as he had had multiple children with his concubines which already by then numbered to be about a hundred by his seventies; Esmeralda, his Queen didn't mind however and let him be until her eventual and unfortunate death.

Reggasia was set free from the Templars and a new organisation was formed by then, although only a small part of the battle was won by the so called The Rogues, not to mention the mystical war with the Templars they now carried.

A man named Svard Conway became an entrepreneur in such times with the help of his wife Miranda Mikir, together the two began the creation of most well regarded machines such as the printing press and fire arms, their many children working and passing on the projects to their further developing lineage of inventors and investors.

An old man by the name Yoruland'uf Yur'uf or old man Yuf as he was called by loved ones, a wanted dead or alive Noble man turned philosopher, published a book after a couple decades titled The Lost Wanderer's tales which captivated many young minds upon his philosophical thoughts, many of which were said to be revolutionising, even if most were balatantly called out as ideas which would never work, but it made for a good read, rebelling against the normalities of the Church while also taking it's time to make people aware of what was really happening in the world.

By the turn of the 18th century and almost seventeen hundred or so years of the mark of Leonidas Atulu's passing, much had happened in the Atul Empire, and the beast men had explored alot more of the land regarding to it as their new homes, until the crusades would catch up to them that is, their new tribal leaders all unanimously agreeing to remain in the shadows.

But all of this? This wasn't what just happened, for Miguel knew this, because this all was what he found out after he completed the newest thing he had unlocked, bold words in blue lighting written on the air, Story mode in all it's epi-present glory.