Chapter Fourteen

His funds began to sky rocket after a new found experience in the world of programming, after he found a site he could use to sell the programs he made, he could actually legitimately make money without the need to panic everytime he heard a knock on his door, and after writting a simple program to check hotel registry names and records upto a couple weeks, he was sure it would get him a couple cents at least, and he himself could use it to get even more black mail evidence against his victims.

All in all, he had nearly five thousand by this point, after paying taxes he deduced he'd have nearly half left atleast, more now actually since he didn't have to file in income tax.

He still felt like alot of the taxes put on him were shady buisness, but being just one man, he couldn't go against the will and might of the government.

After a while of amassing enough wealth to pay to the government, he made quick plans to move onto the next stage of things, seeing that in the unknown lands that his hut was built by now, handling heavy and precious lab equipment with the utmost care his ant friends were, and all in all, it felt like a random shack in the midst of the woods.

Unbeknownst to whoever could even be out there to question the shack, which was infact no one at all, beneath the tiny house was a large underground bunker built by the ants, somehow they had mastered masonry by now and even created a stable environment. He just chocked it up to them being worker ants.

Taking a couple hours just to start production, he had finally somehow made a prototype from a human-plant hybrid. More on the plant side as it had to be grown in order to culminate, but it was done, and after planting it, he waited to see it the child would actually survive at all.

It's genes were made to survive the decay of life, constant regeneration of it's cells and their added durability against going rogue like cancer alongside him actively trying his hardest this time at gene manipulation, the test subject was going to be alive for atleast more than a century, and now all Miguel had to do was see if it could survive, not to leap to conclusions on it even thriving first and foremost.

After countless attempts and failures that made his groans louder with every attempt, by the time he finally got a sequence down it almost seemed like he was shouting.

He questioned himself nearly constantly about why it was so hard, either they all came out as plants or as weak infants that perished due to the unstable nature of their composition itself, but through a miracle of his own ingenuity, or mayhaps dumb luck, he finally got the perfect balance.

He could see that it would live for atleast five hundred and seventy nine years, and if it had the ability to procreate, the hard to develope genes that were hellish to create would be passed down and boost the progeny's lifespan, or atleast he hoped the majority of the mutations would, for he was far too frustrated by then to even think anything else.

The ant people were now few in numbers, it seemed like they had a rather short lifespan in comparison to even himself.

And taking them along with him to the place where he would be laying the tree that would host all of the new species the world would see, on a continent he rapidly created through a power he couldn't comprehend, creating mountains, forests and  an ecosystem for them to live in.

At the center of it all was a tree he supercharged with life, a tree capable of providing countless generation of the new and perfect race, something he had managed to develope side by side with the saplings, perhaps he even regretted wasting any time on his lab results for a while but concluded that any research and knowledge found would be good, however so may it frustrate the hell out of him.

Elves, that's what he called them, their ears and blond/blonde hair color reminded him of their beauty, an unbelievable side effect of him accidentally thinking about Annabel at the time, not that her ears were that sharp to begin with.