Chapter Fifteen

After a couple days he had gotten the call of the century as it would seem, Annabel's sweet words brought a goofy grin to his face, having heard no word from her since a bit of time, she apologised again and again, and once more he found his face hurting from the smile he found on it.

    "You heading out for the reunion?" He asked curiously.

She of course added in her own remarks, "Of course! Hope you're coming along too, well are you not?"

   "I am, I am, obviously, can't let Thompson have all the fun." He smirked, but what he didn't know was her lips curled up into one aswell.

   "Your adorable habit's showing, Miguel, got anything to say about Scot's position now?"

He didn't understand what she meant at all, but just took it as a way of saying that the hierarchical order had shifted, her being his second best friend, or perhaps best friend for ever now seemingly, after all, he hadn't heard from Kallen in months.

    "I have no idea what the hell you mean by that, but I'll just nod along, so, Mozzafiato right?" He remarked.

   "Thought you'd know that, see.. I'm not exactly in touch with everyone as much as you are.." he knew she was a much more serious person than she seemed, it looked like him having a small network of connection was still superior to her having none whatsoever.

Hanging up quickly, he called Thompson instead and confirmed once more that the location was still Mozzafiato, and although upon calling Annabel once more, she did seem a bit more irritated than usual, she usually did this when he hung up quickly, a weird habit of his when not talking to Thompson, but that guy had a certain magical way of words, even if Remus would have to disagree.

A quick drive and silent drive to Mozzafiato and Annabel had abruptly forgotten all her pent up anger once more, chatting with him and him only.

   "Thompson! Eating five star recently?" He asked with a smirk to the much more plump than usual man.

     "Let's just say that I was wrong about him being distasteful, Miguel." A brunette by the blond's side responded, smirking at Miguel at the same time.

   "Well, looks like we're both in cahoots with someone by now, eh Miguel?" He still had no idea what he meant by that, and it ate him out alive with cold hard curiosity.

Tilting his head with a smile, he nodded, as the blonde just beside him also added something of her own, "Scot, nearly mistook you for a pregnant lady! You're not going for a third one now are you two?" She looked at him almost expectantly with a nervous smile, mistaking it for banter, Miguel opened his mouth up once more.

    "Yeah, and looks like Thompson's carrying!" He added in with a slight chuckle, the blonde reciprocating while looking at the man in her arms.

Rolling his eyes and giving Remus a pleading look, the blond just handed the two the menu, it was on who ever was hosting the reunion after all, which soon came up to topic as a sleek black dressed blond came upto the scene, all serious like, alongside a thuggish looking brown haired brute.

    "Hey! My portal master! How's it going! Good to see you man! Good to see you!" Waving his arms all excitedly upon noticing the nervous wreck that was Miguel, now all eyes on him and the man hugging him hard.

Annabel snickering made him think the scene was rather hillarious, for them, not for him for the embarrassment was a bit less than the hype he felt from the man.

Doing a rather stupid looking hand sign once more, it brought him the nostalgia one gets upon seeing their friends after a day, not much but the sheer stupidity that was the baseball bat swinging movement he did made for quite the laughs.