Chapter Five

A near painless snap of his fingers and so did the tree branch climbing fellows dance to his whims. It felt almost like a dream, yet so much more than just that.

He had even questioned till now if he had died and this was limbo, or the so called after life, having always feared what came after, he never wanted to find out, but a reality check made the loose idea drop dead in it's tracks, now rerouting for a different station entirely, the station of the supernatural.

He had noticed that the bugs in the scroll that he had put yesterday were able to terra form the blank environment of the wasteland full of just dirt, and some oasis like patches of pre registered water into a near perfect and harmonious utopia, from the tethered reality they built anew and that satisfied his curiosity to drive in full throttle towards something greater than just insects.

Quickly leaping into action with narrowed eyes, he confirmed the outcome of that world, deleted by accident upon the unluckiest stroke of chance yet, and thus he tore open into a new type of world setting, world two, a new chance to learn more and more, about how life could go on.

After all, who knew? He had mystically gained the power of the Ant Queen, if what his hypothesis was true, mind control to an extent, perhaps even telepathy or mind reading if what he felt was correct.

And of course, the most deadliest of them all, genetic manipulation, something that fascinated him upon the striking revelation. It was like a thunder strike during a clear blue day, unexpected would be the understatement of the century after all to say about it.

He wondered a bit about how he came to know about those things, but instead just nodded along with everything he had thought up of till now, seeing the effects to a smaller degree when he picked up an ant, which he wouldn't do under normal circumstances.

Conventionally, he was a rather traumatised being in regards to ants, never really liked them and that was truly why he had intended of using them as his experiments, the little nibblers as he called them would certainly be back, but atleast now he could politely ask them to leave. Hopefully atleast.

Hopping to it, he felt stabs in his chest, which caused him the gut wrenching realisation that he was on borrowed time right now, how many hours did he have? How many remained?

After all, he didn't trust Goodwin's sugar coating, she had always been economical with the truth since long back, unlike him who was always mocked for his rigorously goody two shoes ways.

Now back on his wobbly feet, he slowly walked over towards his phone, on the ground just below of course and he had an inkling of an idea on what to do with his condition.

Taking to his rather remarkable laptop, thankfully only the hot water supply would likely be shut down from now on, which didn't rather do much to him, as the net and electricity were still fully functioning till now.

It was something that made him regret not investing in a hot water geyser, forgetting about the malevolent pricing figures all together.

Quickly searching up a certain plant he had heard of from his mother's odd babbling tales and what not, it was the key for his recuperation now.

Turse, a herb that while somewhat not native to his region, could easily be planted and harvested on his old town's grounds, and luckily enough for him, his bank account had just enough zeroes to purchase his entire checklist of items before dwindling down to mere ashes of it's remains.

Broke, that was what he was now and it felt claustrophobic to him for some or the other odd reason, like the world had just crashed down upon him and he was unable to comprehend, but perhaps it was all lesser in might upon comparison to his immediate fate after whatever amount of time he had left.