Chapter Twenty Nine

News spread like wildfire, the Pope would be arriving back for a week in the capital city, Pari was on the destination plans, the next bloody stop would be the beast tribes' humble plains.

When Anna Rouge found out about this her mood instantly turned sour, she wasn't ready yet and with Miguel suddenly out for who knows what reason, she wasn't willing to risk any confrontations with him.

Yet it was her duty to meet up with him, either face prosecution or that and she took at that time what would be considered the best and safest strategy possible.

Yuf agreed to be her cohort for the occasion, leaving Svard and Miranda the shop and business, care was taken to avoid any malpractice on anyone's behalf, though a customary handshake was received and given during their parting hours.

They trusted them, wholeheartedly too; no bribe was big enough in the world, nor any threat for them to risk turning.

And so they left, in the crowded and finally for what had seemed like a blue moon since forever and ever first began, joy spreading around.

Winter was over, spring and summer would soon be on the horizon and it seemed as though the Pope's arrival was quelling any riots left in the region.

Though a certain silver haired woman felt like scowling at such untimely disasters that had befallen her, what lied in the wake of the aftermath was far more important.

Nobles, wealthy business men and woman alongside royalty of all kinds would be gathering together at the end of the week, finally their full celebrating feast from months prior would be coming full circle, and presumably with bountiful boons along the shining paved ways of cruel civil war forming a wrap up.

In this time, Svard had met up with an unknown assailant who offered up a veritable position in their shrouded ranks, though with that trouble brewing, the rest of the entourage Miguel hosted would be following their own struggles soon after.

Both parties separated and in their own little world seemingly, and with Miguel giving chase to the culprit that stole the dagger of liberty itself, it seemed that a specific executive was running late on the occasion.

With Virgil proved to be dead at the hands of the Rogue, arrest warrants were put out for the man, and though the Templars soon found Svard and Miranda, alongside Yuf too untouchable due to the great and powerful Madame Resourd, a local pastor of an unofficial church that was, 'Not under God's jurisdiction,' even though Miguel went there for snacks on the occasion as if he owned the place, was not on the protected list.

And so two days before the most grandest celebration in the history of the old Kingdom, Yoruland'uf, also known as Yuf, got a house call.

A letter arrived, and it was rare given the value of paper itself, not to mention ink aswell.

And reading it, the man's brown face paled deeply.

His forehead began to crease as his stomach felt like it was eating itself out.

His heart paced around as though it would die if it stopped, which it would in hindsight, though what mattered was the bold words written on it.

The from section gave great insight to the whereabouts of the person it cane from, and Yuf was not too happy about it.

He leapt into action, abandoning all posts and schedules to dash into his lord's slightly addicted to gambling follower/friend out, though during this time, Rouge held another story close to her heart.

She breathed in a breath, and breathed out a breath, her hair parting slightly and falling onto her face.

Beyond the door was a man she had never thought she'd see ever again, it was the Pope of the church itself.