Chapter Sixteen

"Growing a backbone are we?" Gould asked whilst snarling.

Miguel just remained unfazed, "Look, if you've got a personal issue with me, take it up your.. wait, I guess you'd actually enjoy that."

He didn't know where he got that one from, but keeping a mental note amongst other things to use it in his next chapter, he idled as the green mohawk man began throwing a tantrum.

   "So, just 'cause you got together with Miss Rich girly here, you think you're better than me?! Eh lunch boy?! You're just a retarded piece of- you know what!? You're not even that! And that girl of yours better watch that look-!"

    "He's got Goddamned lung cancer! So just stop this, please!" Her plead and begging green orbs however fell onto blind eyes and deaf ears.

    "Lung cancer? Suits you pretty well, retard! And I just realised! Funniest part is that you're with that Doctor whore too-!"

At that, he stood up and looked him down, he was willing to be the burnt man on the stake for the joke, no matter how impudent it be, no matter how much he got beat up he would take it all, but what he crossed the line with was Annabel getting insulted like that.

being stopped from his bull like rampage at the last second by the big brute that came out of the bathroom, if he wouldn't have stopped him right then, Miguel wasn't sure who would have lost some teeth, him or Gould, although given his new abilities in genetic manipulation, he wasn't doubting his own prowess any more.

     "Miguel! Stop! Just calm down first alright? And you! Nathan, I don't care if you're helping Zeek co-host this joint, but if you lay a finger on him, I won't promise nothing's gonna happen to you or your accursed mouth!" His grip on Gould's shoulders was mortifying strong, as he couldn't even budge.

Snarling once more like a rabies filled dog, Gould finally gave up and retreated.

  "Conner, always were the defensive type, weren't you? Helping your retarded fellow out huh? Makes me shed a few tears even, boo hoo, now let me go!"

Gritting his teeth, the biker made his way to the red draped lady, as she made a couple flaunting attempts to apologise on her partner's behaviour.

    "Sorry everyone! I hope you don't think that badly of him! He isn't a monster alright?"

   "That's not what you said last night." Smirking while giving her a massive and sloppy kiss, the two went outside to dabble or something in their own extravaganza on the streets.

Looking at his side, Annabel was calm and collected finally as she gave a sigh, and a glare of course at Miguel.

    "What the hell were you thinking, provoking that bastard like that?!"

   "What, and stand idly by as he trash talks you?" He countered with an eye roll at her flimsy attempts to stammer out any more responses.

     "Calm down Miguel-" Coin once more tried to rub his back and shoulders, it did help him ease the tension by quite alot.

    "I'm already calm, thanks though, Coin, don't know if I'd be charged with attempted murder after that or what." Giving a slight chuckle at the end, he sat down as the blond buisness man came ensuite, rubbing his chin with one hand, holding a white plastic cup in the other while looking at the departing fellows.

    "Liquorice root tea anyone? Heard it's good for digestion, and I think you've all had.. one rather big bite of action right now, no?"

   "Might have to pass on that one, I don't like eating new things that often." Miguel lamented on his own behaviour, he was usually a picky eater, didn't like chunks of ginger either but then again, no one in his late family did.