Chapter Ten

"How could you! I thought you were of my most trusted! Johnstone!"

By the ground was a heavily bleeding William Bane Sparsh, coughing up blood as he was dropped by the traitor in cold blood, a look of apathy came from him.

   "Leonidas, your foolishness is truly comparable only to worms, did you truly think I was truthfully oblivious to every wrong and every atrocity you commited? Emperor Altabar might not be any better, but at the very least his wisdom surpasses yours. This is my last shot, for my village! You inconsiderate buffoon!"

Giving off a lengthy speech while entering in close quarters combat with the brown haired man, Leonidas was surprised, startled at the first sight of betrayal. He hadn't tasted it yet, but to witness your best friend dying? To have one of your most loyal be the nefarious cause that too?

It made him grind his teeth, knocking Johnstone's punches back with counters in attempt to disarm him, giving jabs to his ribs in order to momentarily turn him over to the side of paralysis, giving a hefty kick to the shin upon succession.

He took his stance, as the jaguar watched with amusement clearly written on his face, seeing the man gritting his teeth in rage at his first actual loss in years.

   "The holy land never was yours to rule, Leonidas, why not accept that?" He taunted, the jaguar made his blood boil even more.

   "It is not for I who wishes to rule, for it is I who wishes to end your tyranny! Altabar!"

The Emperor that watched now silently pondered during the battle, witnessing a crawling William going to a corner to rest and watch everything out himself, bleeding heavily from the stomach and mouth.

   "Oh? And how do you propose to do that?"

Clenching his fist in a hard ball as the blade drew near, Leonidas smirked. "By this! Take this Johnstone! The final blow! Rapid Rising Rolt!" Giving jabs and punches that knocked the wind out of the silver dressed man, Leonidas sent him flying, and now with conviction written all across his eyes, it was surely time for the final confrontation.

Taking his blade up while coming up at the behemoth of a being, Atabar, Leonidas stood strong even when he didn't have much going for his favour.

    "A one on one to the death? Against a Jaguar of my incredulous might? What mockery is this? Atulu?"

But the dark glint in Leonidas' eyes never went away, not faltering for even a second, he parried on of his foes strikes while coming in even closer with the blade.

   "Altabar! This is it! Once and for all! This is for my friends! For my family! For my village and all my people! And this! Is for William!"

Struck down by thousands of hands seemingly, each carrying a blade in their hands, the red eyed Leonidas now triumphantly standing above the once towering Altabar, who know only death knew grasp of.

    "What is this?! What is this power?!" Such a sentence was uttered out in pure disbelief as he was cut down, the sun setting by his back lit up his entire view to Leonidas, scowling in return.

   "Your doom, and the death of you and your tyranny!" Was the simple yet powerfully resounding message that sprawled around Altabar's ears as he made one last attempt at a blind attack, stopped by but one hand. His bloody claw held firmly by the death grip of the red eyed man.

     "I will not forget this! Atulu! Mark my words! This is not the end! You will fall down the same path as I did and seek revelations aswell! We will all be rotten men to the core that no one reveres in history, no one shall remember you! Mark my words Atulu!"