Chapter Twenty Two

The air was cold and unforgiving even though spring was around the corner; the sun shone dimly through the blue crevices littered around in streaks across the cloudy sky wity the streets bringing company to some though less filled today with the few around keeping to themselves.

It was here where Miguel stood; high above all else upon the pasty white rooftops.

His grip on himself lessened for a bit as his stomach started to inflate, the chill air tingled his chest, it was getting a little addicting even though he had experienced such weather countless times.

His red eyes observed the wide streets in search for a man in shining armour, finding only a disgruntled young man with an unhealthily pale complexion; even relatively.

He put his hands behind his neck with determination, only to stumble a bit after he had hit his mark.

His lips curled into a frown as his feet tapped lightly on the ground, the tiles were deadly and he knew it yet he couldn't help but want the proceedings to be done faster.

He kept an eye on his prey from above as he started to move across the street, alone and petrified nearly.

Miguel grumbled for a bit, he started to climb down in a hurry but made sure to avoid arousing suspicions, tailing his target at all costs; he had had enough of these little games.

Finally as the silver linings started to show themselves amongst the crowds, Virgil's pace struck faster and faster with every step, tantalisingly close to his goal as he shuddered and looked around.

An unassuming place of the district, a pub where a man such as himself would likely be allowed entrance to yet he heeded caution.

Miguel was wearing rather expensive clothes and while an eagle eyed individual would be able to assess his pseudo-noble class, not many were capable of the distinction.

He lingered around for a bit, making sure to blend in and not to rack any added suspicion, yet try as he might he couldn't devise a plan to get Virgil out of there.

Finally he relented and stepped up to the pub, the outside made of a strange wooden material that struck him quite fancy, his feet pushing against the flagstone ground and into the wooden floorboarding.

The music hummed to life inside and Bright the sounds of violins to his ears in a pleasant manner, the long bar table was without flaws yet he was sure it's owner wasn't.

Freckled and lazy eyed he eyed him up weirdly but let it pass, beckoning him forth as if to say go ahead and choose.

And choose he did, a simple drink would suffice and although the golden candelabra hanging above made his wary senses to protect his pocket activate, he was sure his personal petty revenge was higher placed on his priority lists than his greed.

Then again this was agains business so even he couldn't argue against the true vice of all that started this being his greed.

Sitting down he remained unperturbed between two fine gentlemen aged around fifty two, his red eyes never lied atleast.

He took the whole view in, trinkets and bottles of expensive regional wine from all across Reggasia were in full view on the rack infront of him and just behind the barkeep.

He slowly turned his outer senses towards Virgil, his drink was normal and without any alcoholic content so the face the barkeep made would be understandable, but as kind of a patron he was to shop here, he just had to create a little bit of a ruckus.

Stepping up he went alongside the play area, a couple gents and ladies already hanging around there made him just one among way too many.

He chatted for a bit, but for every word he spoke, his whole hearted attention was on Virgil's lines, and as it turned out the man was here on personal business.