Chapter Thirteen

The new program he had created with the added help of his new found experience in coding siphoned in a bit more than two dollars an hour from various sources, erased all his traces and what not aswell.

It wasn't much, but seeing that he would be spending alot more time researching on how to create the perfect life form now, he would be needing all the money he could get, even if he had a couple thousand lying around his bank account by now, by no means a paltry sum.

Till the afternoon lunch time, he worked on getting as much money as he could, corrupt politicians, criminals he was sure would kill him if he took even a dollar more from them and people that certainly weren't the scum of the Earth only when compared to Altabar. Gaining enough money to purchase a couple more necessities such as chip packets and what not from the online market, the next activity he needed to do was purchase an ant farm, for he had no ants left around his backyard now, and he hadn't seen any ant colonies moving around, buying one seemed to be the only, and sadly most expensive option.

But alas, it did not matter, for after having his lunch, he quickly found a couple stray ants walking around his house, he wasn't sure if they were from any ant hill nearby, but commanding them to get into the scroll was easier than the alternative option.

Checking up on the ants inside the scroll world, to be more precise, the place that no being could see, nor communicate with, the unknown lands that is, Miguel was a bit more than just happy that he was somehow through a freak show of nature able to make what he needed.

Ants, humanoid ants with creepy bodies around his height. He had almost vomited, even in his delight, for they were just far too much mortifying to look at.

The good that came from his experiment however was atleast that they were durable, creepy yes and naive, but durable and dependable enough to be left alone to construct a small house for him and his equipment, a couple trees, or rather many trees having being fallen down now using stone tools they somehow recreated.

They were smart, yet unable to speak, which didn't hurt him that much, as he quickly went outside to the real world and got a call from Annabel, who was already bored and apparently wanting to meet up for an outing once more.

    "I think I should've mentioned this a long time ago, but you really have to eat more healthy, Miguel! And live better that too, it's the only way you can.. you know.."

Sadness emanated from her voice, he could almost hear her erratic and unstable breaths and chokes, and here he was, almost free of his lung disease after all his efforts, and no matter the amount of times he wanted to tell her that, he halted himself.

She would probably call him a mad man who invites her agony on fire ten fold by feeding her her own medicine, false hope. Alas, his words would be true, unlike hers however, and unfaltering unlike her own gaze upon meeting her back once more, wearing her usual clothes once more, make up worn and all, she looked fancy, he looked plain.

Plain, but healthier than usual, which certainly caused her head to turn for a bit, gears grinding most likely to work out through suspicious eyes about what the smiling Miguel was doing in recent times.

    "Miguel, what's up?" She asked, in a serious tone.

Miguel however just tilted his head. "Nothing much? I guess? I mean, I was waiting for an order online, I really want to get some chips, great snack-"

    "Chips aren't healthy, Miguel, your time is limited, don't you know that?!" Her chiding made him a bit more uncomfortable than he already was, her stopping the car by the road near the tree foliage's shade in order to lecture him once more.