Chapter Nine

He felt his blood rushing as he felt the soothing sense of comfort envelope him as a blanket on the snuggly soft sofa, taking a breather was important as he didn't wish to overlook the importance of defeating stress.

He sighed while keeping a lazy eye on his phone, having nothing to do but call up someone to talk for an hour or so until he gets bored of that too seemed like a good opportunity, his cancer had already been regressed by the looks of things, he felt like he would live a couple months unattended now.

So, feeling a sigh once more creep around the corner of his bitter mouth, the melancholic pangs of sadness that came from having just killed something emerged, and he definitely needed some mental support from Goodwin.

    "Goodwin, you free today?" He asked slowly.

She replied however with a sad voice, "no, not today, sorry Miguel, duty calls and patients are.. well, a bit ruthless. How about tomorrow? I have a day off tomorrow and I'd really love to spend some time with you, alone preferably."

    "Alright, tomorrow it is then." He nodded at her words before hanging up immediately, he didn't wish to eat up her time after all, she sounded serious, although he didn't understand what she meant by the last part.

Taking everything into consideration, he began thinking about what he had just gone through, he had thought that his world's items would pose a greater advantage in the scroll's world, but he kind of regretted giving Leonidas such a powerful weapon, after all, who was to say he wouldn't turn his back on humanity like he said and slaughter millions upon millions of innocents? Perhaps all even?

It was but a dark cloudy thought however with not serious rumbles and grumbles of lightning, not even any rain of pain actually since even he knew that after millions of years, new people would emerge from the charred burnt ashes of their predecessors. The world would go on.

And to him, that was enough thought for it. Another thing he thought about with a sly smile was the blue bead of candy he had given the child, all in all it was pretty much only in order to influence his genes and introduce something new in them, something that would give him a rather new insight into everything and a pushing advantage over all else in that world.

As it stood, all he did was manipulate his genes into getting more and more corrupt, not necessarily harming the user but rather making them evolve much more rapidly. Evolution, but with a risk as one ability gained could be lost in the subsequent generations, and the genes could also be in their entirety if not properly developed and passed on.

He knew that Atulu's descendants would now rival Altabar's quite well, which upon a closer inspection was actually the new ruler of the beast folk kingdom, the Altabane Empire's cruel rule which enforced hatred for the beasts by the Atulians, and reverence by the beast folk.

Altabar was a good king for sure, but the way through which he was dead set on eliminating every last Atulian? That was something that made Miguel frown, as he would much rather not pick a side.

Alas, he had already decided, having given Atulu's descendant more than enough to push back the armada of the Altabane Empire and establish his own domain.

It all felt like a fantasy plot and when it boiled down to the core, he wasn't liking the fact that neither sides had been introduced yet, and with that last thought did he finally go back to sleep, seeing in no sense of hacking, his automated system already having made it's own remarkable performance and benchmarked his next project by getting a decent amount of money per hour, sixteen cents. It wasn't much but seeing that he was tired? Sixteen cents could certainly grant him something at the local store at least.