Chapter Twenty

Twirling her blonde hair around slightly she practically begged the question out, "Why are you here?" She asked with her inquisitive green eyes, her head slightly tilt over.

She was now fully clothed and properly seated on her own fluffy white bed, Miguel felt a tinge of jealousy from her luxurious standards but alas understood the fact that both were trapped in a certain way.

Leaning in slightly with his hands by his side on the deep mahogany chair he responded, although with a bit of flair, "Someone's targetting the business, that's all, although I do feel a little pity for the poor guy who's provoked our cumulative wrath."

She nodded her head along before scratching her chin, eyes shut tight and twitching every so often in thought and pondering as if wondering about something deep.

"I see.." She remarked softly this time around with a sigh. "And what do you suggest to do now?" She asked.

He shrugged, his eyes rolling upwards slightly with his lips pressed into a thin line, "That's also the reason why I'm here, thought you could have some information?"

"Well, I can't really think of anyone that resents you that much to cause such mischief."

"Besides you of course." He joked but chuckled nervously after the reprimanding look she gave him.

"I don't resent you, it's just you're too oblivious."

He rolled his eyes at her, "Well, what do you suggest then, my dear enchantress?"

She blushed slightly before coughing with a nervous stutter, "I'll look into my contacts, I've heard some things about a man named Virgil, the next Duke in line, so that's a start."

He naturally found his lips curling downwards, "Virgil? Don't tell me, he's that knight in shining armor guy isn't he? The kind of guy you young and fair maidens fall for every day?" He asked with a low grumble.

Anna raised a brow with a slight snort, "He's boring if not completely disgusting and unpalatable." She remarked whilst crossing her arms under her ample bosom.

Her hair swayed a little as the wind picked up, the blue-gray curtains fluttering majestically as the light peered through and shone behind her visage, giving her an enlightening aura.

His eyes lit slightly this time around, his face finding a small smile plastered on it, "And a rogue like me is much more to your liking?" He asked after circling around the room, looking around it one last time.

Her room was just like always, the walls baby blue, intact nearly everything was with the sole exception being the door's deep natural mahogany colored texture.

He propped himself up by the window as she tilted her head to look at him sticking her tongue out slightly with a playful wink, "Maybe?" Her lips twitching along the fine lines of a peerless smile that sparked an arousing reaction out of the man.

She chimed in again in a hurry then, "I think you should try to keep that handsome mug of yours out of harm's way, like me."

He gave a two finger salute after that and responded, "I'll keep that in mind, darling." He said with a slight pause with his back to her. "And so we're on the same page, you'll be the first one to know anything, cross my heart." And with that he spun around, faster than she could even notice, the blue-gray curtains fluttering once more now with his absence.

Now he left her alone to her own devices to plot out the next course of her action, which of course would involve alot of tapping fingers.

Back with Miguel as he once more shimmied along the fine edges of the ledge of the walls high up the chateau, finally coming to a hallway from a similarly unlatched window that could easily fit him through.