Chapter Thirteen.

D A V I N AEdited

D A V I N A
Edited

We all crowd around Valentina, asking her multiple questions at the same time.

"How are you feeling?"

"Do you need anything?"

"Girl, you're glowing."

I scoff at the last one, and give Valentina a soft smile.

"How long have I been out?" Her raspy voice speaks out.

"A few days, my love." Santi frowns, squeezing her hand.

"I'm sorry." She whispers, a bit of guilt in her tone.

"It's not your fault, it's ours. We should've been more aware." Lorenzo sighs, squeezing Valentina's other hand.

"I have a bone to pick with you, boy." Valentina glares at Lorenzo.

"Talk to Davina like that, and I'll shoot your head off." I snicker at her response, making her send me a wink. Lorenzo all but rolls his eyes at her comment.

"It's like you love her more than me." Lorenzo mutters, rubbing the back of his neck with the palm of his hand.

"That's because I do." She grins at me, making me smile warmly at her.

The bickering continues on for an hour, until we had to leave.

Emiliano kept trying to talk to me, and he was nice, don't get me wrong.

But I would catch him staring at Rafael, looking him up and down and shit.

As we were all walking through the hallway, I pull Emiliano into a closet.

"Didn't know you were into this stuff." He smirks.

"Shut up, I see you staring at Raf." His smirk drops, and he rubs the back of his neck.

"Oh." He coughs it, looking around the room.

"I can help you, I don't trust his current fling." I shrug, making Emiliano look at me with hope.

"Wh-What?" He chokes out, a small smile reaching his face.

"You guys met like an hour ago.." I start, hoping he would finish after me.

"I don't know, he seems like a good guy. He's also pretty hot so-" I smack his arm playfully, and we step out of the closet.

"No, but I'll give you his number." He smiles at it, and we exchange numbers.