chapter twenty-two

Edited🤍

D A V I N A

D A V I N A

We all freeze in fear, and I watch Dad slowly makes his way to Rafael. Rafael has a look of terror on his face, as if he was about to piss himself right now. I hand Anthea to Zade when she starts to get fussy, but that doesn't stop Dad from making his way to Rafael. Dad was a few inches taller than Rafael, to he easily towered over him."The fuck did she say?" Venom laced in his voice, and I place my hand against my mouth.

"I-I" Rafael stutters, before Dad punches the shit out of him.

"You like fucking cock? You fucking bastard!? You like fucking cock?" He kicks his side, and I just stand, paralyzed. Mom rushes down the stairs, and she gasps as the scene in front of her.

"Diego, stop!" She tries, tugging on his arm.

"Did you know that your fucking son liked cock, fucking bastard!" He kicks his side again, then turns to Mom. Mom looks at him with guilt and culpability.

Mom had once walked in on Rafael making out with other another man, which basically forced him to come out. He didn't plan on coming out to either of our parents, but surprisingly, Mom supported him no matter what. She even bought a pride flag for him, which made him burst into tears.

"You fucking knew?!" Dad screams, veins popping out of his forehead as he pointed an accusing finger at Mom.

"Stop acting like it's the worse thing in the world!" She yells back.

"Worse thing in the world? He's fucking gay, Mariana! That's the worst fucking thing ever, he's deserves fucking death for an atrocious sin like this." He says this while kicking Rafael everywhere, including his face, making me wince.

I jump out and punch Dad right in the jaw as hard as I can, making him stumble a few steps back. The rooms falls even more silent, and I watch as Dad slowly straightens out his face, stretching out his jaw, before he glares at me. I had never hit him before, but I feel powerful.. what is wrong with me-

He then punches me right in the jaw, and I fall down. Next thing I know, Lorenzo's punching the shit out of Dad on the ground going ballistic on his ass. I don't even try to stop him, I just crawl towards Rafael.

"Rafael?" I shake his body.

"Raf? W-We're going to get you some help," I whisper, I look up at Mom, "Go call a doctor!"

I place Rafael's head in my lap, and massage his hair with my fingers, looking at him with a worrisome look. Elvira falls down to her knees, next to his body, and sobs.

"I'm so sorry, I thought he knew. I'm so sorry, I'm so unbelievably sorry, please." She sobs as she grabs his hand, bringing it to her lips. Rafael let's out a groan, and Mom rushes to my side.