chapter thirty-three

Edited🤍

L O R E N Z O

L O R E N Z O

Mom has a smart way of trying to scare me into doing the right thing. It always has worked, and it will continue to. Sleeping with the other girl was a drunken mistake. I shouldn't have done it, but Davina's slept with multiple men even when we were whatever we were.

I shouldn't feel bad.

But I do.

With women, they've thrown themselves at me.

But with her, it's different. She does anything but that. It's weird, to be honest. I feel like a high school boy around her, and that's not who I am.

When Mom brought up the fact that she'd probably move on after this whole situation is done with, it frustrated me. Seeing her with another man again will send me over the edge, and when that happens, you will not want to be around me.

Somehow, I'm going to have to win her back. I don't know how I'm going to do it, but I will.

_____________

It's been a week since we've kept Vasily in the glass room.

As much as I'd like to see Davina, I haven't. She's been avoiding me like the plague.

Like Mom said, Davina never gives out second chances unless you're family. Well by family I mean Rafael.

It's obvious that Davina rarely gets along with people, but when she does, it's always end bad. Look at me, for example. I fucked it up to protect my family. I wouldn't have done it in any other situation, but given the circumstances, it was a one way cross road.

I frustratingly push my hair back with some gel on my calloused hands, styling it to my liking.

I had a little bit of stubble, which I had shaved off previously.

I had a simple outfit on: a black coat, black button up with a few of the top ones open, black slacks, and dress shoes.

We were heading towards a meeting today with some potential business partners.

We owned multiple businesses and clubs outside of the mafia world, which gave us millions every month.

An important role in a world like this is to build and own properties for your own worth and privilege.

We reach the casino, and we greet the bouncers, allowing us to go in once we show our ID's.

Many people stared, but Dad and I didn't care. We were used to it, at this point.

We approach the stairs, and take his step slowly.

Once we reach the long sleek black door, which knock once before casually walking in.

We greet the owner.

Salvatore Vincenzo.

He had a well known name in the business world, though sometimes, he could be quite shady.
Though he did stab people in the back, he was protected by the president. He had reached out to us first, and we accepted, curious as to what he had on the table for us. There were multiple things were needed to improve our mafia; Salvatore just happened to have multiple of those items. Most things come with a price, and we were aware.

"Vincenzo." Dad nods in his direction, settling himself down on a chair.

I do the same, though I couldn't help notice the little girl sitting against the wall on the couch.
She seemed quite young, but looks can be quite deceiving.

"Ah, this must be your son, si?" Salvatore speaks up, breaking the deafening silence. 

His accent being quite thick, showing that he's Italian. Many Italians had strong accents, I didn't have a very strong one but it was still slightly there.

"Si, questo è mio figlio Lorenzo."

[Translation: Yes, this is my son Lorenzo]

"Nice to meet you." He acknowledges my presence, and I send him a nod.

"Now, I'm going to cut to the chase. I have multiple items that you need, and I'll give them to you. But," He starts off, "It comes with a price."

"Go on." Dad nods, looking at him with a cold face.

"My daughter is coming of age very soon," He nods to the girl on the couch, who looks petrified, "Her and Lorenzo eloping would bring the each of us many positive outcomes."

"How old is the girl?" I ask, curious.

She didn't look a day older 16.

"She's 15, but age is just a number, no?"

I blink a few times out of disgust.

"Let's say if Lorenzo and the girl get eloped, what good will you get out of this?"

"Well, her marrying into a family like yours is a good statement, don't you think?"

"You see," I speak up, "I'm into girls my own age, your daughter, who's a child might I add, is too young. So maybe, let her be a fucking child before trying to get her married off to a man she barely knows." And with that, I walk off.

Before I can go down the stairs, I feel a little hand clutch onto my wrist.

I turn around, and see the little girl standing in front of me.

"Th-Thank you." She stutters while whispering, wiping her tears.

"Don't thank me," I nod, "What's your name?"

"Isabelle."

Davina's middle name is Isabelle.

"Okay." I nod, before walking away again, not knowing what else to say.

I can't believe that a 15-year-old is getting thrown into an unwanted marriage by her own Father. Jesus, let the girl breathe.

I waited in the car for Dad to come, and we drive off.

"Sick fuck." He shakes his head in disgust.

"Tell me about it." I scoff, nodding in agreement.

_____________

HEY

HOW WAS IT??

ANYWAYS LOVE YALL SM

WORD COUNT: 944