chapter thirty

Edited🤍

D A V I N A

D A V I N A

"So, what's going to happen is that Davina will be taking Vasily's last name." Nikolai nods, eyeing the contract in front of him.

"Since when?" I retort, already sick of this even though it's been 30 minutes.

"Did you not read the contract, Ms. Romano?" Viktoria, Nikolai's wife, speaks out.

"I did, and it did not state that I would have to take my partners last name." I grumble, running a hand through my pin straight hair, which I had to straighten.

"Well, maybe you should get your eyes checked." Viktoria shrugs, making me want to strangle her.

"Now, now. No arguing." Vasily interrupts, making me roll my eyes.

"You will both get married tomorrow, so be prepared." Nikolai nods, before getting up to shake hands with Diego.

Yes, I'm not going to call Diego 'Dad' anymore, he doesn't deserve the title.

And yes, I'm getting married tomorrow, help me.

"I don't understand why have I have to take Vasily's last name, I'm my own person." I grumble in Rafael's ear, clearly pissed.

I've always known that if I ever married someone, I would keep my last name, no matter what. But, not anymore, I guess.

We walk them out, and as soon as they walk out that stupid door, I sink into the floor.

I dramatically place the back of my hand on my forehead, and let out a gasp.

"Bitches," I declare, letting out another gasp, "If one of you don't get me out of marriage, I'll fucking leave."

"Then do it." Diego's voice echos through the long corridors.

Excuse me?

"At least act sad or something," I roll my eyes, mumbling the last part, "Bitch."

Rafael grabs my hands, and drags me on the floor, like I'm dead, which I am on the inside by the way.

"I spent a good house straightening my hair, and you're ruining it." I mumble, ready to punch the actual fuck out of Rafael.

"Davina, I guess you have a mission." Diego walks in again, staring at Rafael and I.

I quickly hop up, excited for another mission.

"Shit." I exclaim, excitedly.

"Santi's son will be accompanying you."

Huh?

"I thought you didn't want me to associate myself with him?" I question, to which he glares at and I shrug.

L O R E N Z O

Davina hasn't spoken a single word to me, and I'm not expecting her to. She's getting married tomorrow, and I just want to punch a wall for thinking that that Vaseline bitch will touch her and not me.

She grabs a vest, and puts it on. She struggles to place all her guns and weaponry on her body, so I did what I had to do.

"Need help?" I question, walking towards her.

"Fucking touch me and I'll rip your fucking heart out with my own hands." She responds, coldly.

Usually, she'll say shit like this with a hint of amusement, but right now? She's giving me the cold shoulder.

I don't exactly blame her.

Two can play at this game.

I "accidentally" hit her hand with mine, smirking at my actions.

She doesn't hold herself back, and just slaps me straight up. My head whips to the other side, and I massage my cheek, blinking a few times. I close my eyes for a few moments, and when I open them again, she's gone again.

How do I fix this?

You can't, bitch.

Shut up.

Why am I talking to myself?

I sigh, but quickly make my way out of the weapon room.

She had already driven off, which was not apart of the plan. I don't know why she just can't ignore whatever happened.

I roll my eyes as I finish setting up everything in the car.

We were going to be heading towards the low life gang that had stolen the Romano's stocks again.

We met up at a well-known base for this certain gang, and we didn't bother to shoot any of the guards as they had already opened up for us. Which was stupid, considering the fact that we could kill everyone in this building if we had felt like it.

Maybe they were afraid of us, we did wear clothing showcasing an aura of power and strength. We each wore blazers and black tops underneath along with black dress pants. We looked expensive.

We storm down the long hallways, hoping we were going the right way. If we weren't, that would be embarrassing.

"I think we're the going through wrong way." I mumble, looking around with my eyebrows furrowed.

She shrugs, and continues to walk down the dark, gloomy hallways of hell.

There were absolutely no paintings or colour, just darkness consuming everything around us. We find high, mahogany doors stretching across the last wall of the dreadful hallway.

Davina doesn't bother to knock, proceeding to push the door open.

"The fuck?" We both say at the same time, in utter shock.

_____________

HEY

UH I BLINKED N THE READS WENT UP BY LIKE 3K??

UHM HUH EXCUSE ME

WHO KEEPS READING MY STORY😭

IONO 600 PPL, DO U?

ALSO IVE STARTED MY SECOND BOOK WHICH WILL BE UPLOADED AFTER THIS ONE🤍

IT'LL BE CALLED "HIS ROSE" UNLESS IT CHANGES, AND WILL NOT BE MAFIA RELATED BUT MORE OF AN BUBBLY GIRL/ OVERPROTECTIVE GUY KINDA THING😃👍

ANYWAYS

DECIDED TO POST THIS EVEN THO I GOTTA WAKE UP EARLY TMR CUZ OF THE WEDDING

ALSO W INDIAN WEDDINGS, THEY LAST AN ENTIRE WEEK SO YEA

THANKS SM FOR THR SUPPORT, LOVE YALL

WORD COUNT: 933