chapter seventeen.

Edited🤍

D A V I N A

D A V I N A

I had signed the contract out of fear. I watch as my Dad stared at my hand as I stretched my name onto the black dotted line with assurance, giving me a small nod.

A rush of disgust rushes through my body, and I try very hard to hold back a gag.

I slide the contract back over to Nikolai, resisting the urge to rip it into a million pieces, eat it, and shit it out, and then serve it on a silver platter for them to eat.

____________

It's been a week since I had signed the contract, and the Russian's were throwing a gala to announce our engagement.

I was shitting bricks for this day, and I just wanted to eat ice cream while I threw knives at my Dad, laughing at his screams of pain and terror.

I shake the sudden thoughts out of my head, and glare at my reflection in the mirror.

The dress was pretty, but I would rather wear it for literally any other occasion.

It had a deep cut, showing my breasts in a teasing manner. There were two slits on each sides of the dress, and was floor length. I wore gold strap-on heels, along with numerous good rings scattered across my fingers. To match, I wore gold earrings in each hole, not leaving a single one empty.

My make up was quite extravagant. My nude lipstick, and gold eyeshadow popping through, quite an attention grabber if I say so myself.

My hair was left in beautiful waves, shaping my face in a well manner. One side was left draping over my shoulder, while the other laid behind.

I grab a gold clutch, and make my way downstairs.

Rafael and Father wore an all-black suit, with matching gold watches. My Mother wore the same thing as me, but her dress was a bit more covering than mine.

My Mother smiles, and hooks her arm with mine, leaving me confused. She hasn't shown me this kind of affection since I was maybe 8.

"I don't need your pity, I'll survive this stupid marriage like I do with every other misconvenience." I whisper in her ear, not letting go of her arm.

"I know I haven't been the best Mother, but I never wanted this for you. I wanted you to find the man or woman of your dreams, and for you to be happy. Not this, not this at all. I've tried talking your Father out of this, but of course, he's quite the stubborn fool." I sigh at her response, and give her a small smile, which she returns.