02 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵

chapter two, life or death — act one, the reunion __________________

__________________

2 months ago       Location: White Memorial Hospital,
Boston, March 16, 2016

RUNNING. THE DOCTORS and nurses rushed to Emily as they saw the critical condition she was in. They needed to help her as fast as they could. The paramedics have warn the doctors and nurses that Emily had flatline twice on their way to the hospital.

"She lost a lot of blood. A possible organ may have been fractured. A blood vessel popped. BP and pulse are dropping, we need to get her to surgery."

Emily slowly tried to open her eyes but she couldn't, she was hearing a beeping sound, some voices but she could not pinpoint exactly what they were saying. Metal Scrapes? Why is she hearing that?

Where was she? Someone was mumbling. Who was mumbling? Was someone trying to tell her something?

"We need to get to her surgery NOW!"

Hospital. She was at the hospital. What happened to her, why is she there. Her memory is all over the place. It didn't make sense. What went wrong? A sudden wave of darkness took over Emily.

"Okay sweetie you fought so hard to get here but we can only take you so far after that is all up to you."

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

3 hours later    Location White Memorial Hospital,
Boston, March 16, 2016

Silence.

The tension in the waiting room was so high that one small scratch can break it into chaos. There was nothing that the famous BAU team could do but wait. Anger and guilt wash over all the members. If they had arrived a minute earlier Emily would be fine not in the hospital fighting for her life.

Sean. Emily's former boss could not help but feel guilty. If he would not have assigned her that case years ago, everyone would have been safe. Those that are gone now like Tsia and Jeremy had to pay with their life and now Emily might have to pay with hers.

Clyde. Emily's ex teammate. He felt nothing but anger. He did a bad job at keeping her safe like he promised.

JJ. She squeezed her eyes shut, to keep the tears from coming out. She had to be strong for Emily and her team. With all her energy she went to Garcia and put her arm around her.

Garcia could not stop the tears from coming out of her eyes. Emily is her family and she might not come back. Seaver is the new girl on the team. The one in training to become an agent, could not help as the tears came out of her. She might have not known Emily like the others but it is because of Emily that she is on the team.

Reid had a few tears coming out his eyes. He did not know what to think. He has an IQ of 189, edict memory but at this moment it was useless. He was never good at handling emotions but he could not lose Emily. Why did she have to risk her life like always?

Derek Morgan. Emily's partner didn't feel anything but anger. If he would have noticed that something was wrong with her, he could have helped her.

Rossi did not know what to feel. He just felt like a failure. Something was wrong with her and he did not say anything.

Hotch. The team's boss and protector. Had nothing but a straight face but thoughts consumed his head. He could not help but think that he failed her not as her boss but as her friend. He immediately saw the doctor and stood up.

"We did all that we could, she is stabilized, but she is in a critical condition, she fell into a coma, I'm sorry."

As soon as the doctor stated the conditions Emily was in, the doctor left and the team could not help what to think. Yes Emily was alive so they all felt relief but when was she going to wake up? It could be days ? Weeks? Months? Years?

———— • ————

notes!( IGNORE ALL MY NOTES AS IM JUST RE-EDITING EVERYTHING, I AM CHANGING A FEW THINGS BUT NOTHING DRASTICALLY )

notes!
( IGNORE ALL MY NOTES AS IM JUST RE-EDITING EVERYTHING, I AM CHANGING A FEW THINGS BUT NOTHING DRASTICALLY )

I won't be able to update until next Thursday because I am going on a trip. Also chapter 4 will the introduction of Yelena !!

THANK YOU FOR READING!! 🤍