03 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

chapter three, leaning — act one, the reunion __________________

__________________

2 months later Location: White Memorial Hospital,
Boston, May 20, 2016

ARRIVING AT BOSTON, Natasha checked into a motel that had very poor service. It was a terrible place to sleep in but the place will help her hide. Going inside her room, she shut the curtains, put her bag under her bed. Inside the lamp on the side of the bed she hid some tiny widow bites. After that she left to the hospital to see sister.

Arriving at the hospital. She asked the front desk for where Emily was and headed to the fifth floor. Going on the elevator, she could not help but think about how she, Emily, and Yelena lost that sister bond they had. A dingy sound broke her out of her thoughts and she stepped out of the elevator looking for room 208.

Finding the room, a sudden chill went up Natasha's spine. Was this a good idea? Should she see her? I mean she did made it all the way here. Opening the door to enter the room Natasha could not help but avoid looking at Emily. Shutting the door she goes to the middle room, shut her eyes close, and turns to Emily's direction. She hears nothing but a beep sound from some machine that is connected to Emily.

Opening her eyes quickly, she couldn't help but as a little gasp came out of her. That did not look like the Emily she remembered. Her usual pale skin is ghostly white and her face was covered with bruises that have shown signs of healing. But still Natasha could not ignore the light purple bruise that came out of her deadly white skin. Staring at her Natasha did not realize that someone was opening the door until she felt a presence behind her.

"What happened to her?"

She needed to know who did this to her. Why would someone hurt her? The last news she heard of Emily was that, she is an FBI agent, constantly saving lives. So why would someone do this to her? They could have possibly killed her.

"Ian Doyle. A former IRA international terrorist was hunting her down. He was messing with her and threatening her team. She left and went to Boston to hunt him down alone but he caught her off guard", stated the one and only Director Fury. That did not make sense. Natasha knew about Ian, she saw the news when they were arresting him.

"How? Wasn't he arrested like 7 years ago under Interpol? Why would he be after Emily as she works under the Bureau?"

It does not make sense. Why would he be after her?

"That is true but your sister was part of the team that took him down. Before your sister joined the bureau she was with interpol. They had a case to bring an international criminal down, Interpol along with some CIA agents made up a team to bring him down. They sent your sister undercover."

First of all to Natasha is not surprising that he knew all over this but she couldn't fully think right now. Fury could not help but think that Emily would have made a good s.h.i.e.l.d agent. Well a secret or newer s.h.i.e.l.d organization since it did go down two years ago. Maybe Emily could join, as the similarities between the sisters were so obvious.

"Undercover as what, Fury."

She had an idea but did not want to think that was possible. Shit. If Emily was anything like her, she would do anything to help out so they can erase the blood in their hands. But at the same time they were so different from one another.

"She was his type so she went undercover as his lover. Interpol made it look like she died in a car accident and he was arrested. He escaped prison, found out she was alive and came after her."

Fury kept his tone as professional as he could as he watched Natasha. Natasha just kept a straight poker face processing the information. It is so funny to her that here she was worrying about Emily as if she did not betray her and Yelena years ago.

"Is he in prison?"

Natasha felt that she had no right to worry. But deep down she cares for her sisters. Things might have not been the best for them but they grew up together. So she needed to know if the guy that almost killed her big sister was rotting in prison.

"They did not get him. He is on everyone's radar: Interpol, CIA, FBI, and even us SHIELD, I have to go now and I know you are on the run and there is not much I can do to help, but here is some information that can help."

Fury handed her a small yellow envelope and exited the room leaving Natasha alone with her thoughts. She opened the envelope and it was the contact of her former friend Rick Mason.

Natasha spare on last quick look at the almost deadly look on Emily hoping she would get better. Maybe one day she can make things right with her and her baby sister. Breaking out of her thoughts Natasha exited the hospital and got ready to be alone.

———— • ————

notes!This was kind of slow paced up but it was in order for the story to move forward

notes!
This was kind of slow paced up but it was in order for the story to move forward.

Thank you for reading!! Let me know how I am doing!!🤍