19 𝗿𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲

chapter nineteen, reminiscence — act two, the anger__________________

__________________

Location: Vostokoff's residence
St. Petersburg, Russia
July 10, 2016

"WELCOME TO MY HUMBKE ABODE."

Reminiscence. That is what the three sisters felt entering Melina's home. Now, it was not their exact childhood home the one back in Ohio, but the resembles were obvious. Memories of the days back in Ohio, consumed their heads. Alexei walks straight towards the bathroom. Emily and Yelena made their way to the dining room. Yelena could not help but notice all the books. Emily gave Natasha a pointed look, Natasha nodded that she was going to keep an eye out for Melina.

Natasha followed Melina, to the kitchen, who opened this secret shelf. Inside there was full of different types of weaponry, from guns to knives, to bombs, etc. Natasha gave Melina a painted look, "Hey, no funny business."

Melina stared at Natasha as she was putting her gun away, "I am putting away my weapon."

Natasha raises her eyebrow at her, as she starts to walk away from her. Natasha felt Melina's presence, "Are there any booby traps around here? Anything we need to know about?"

"I did not raise my girls to fall in traps."

"You didn't raise us at all."

Natasha walked towards the sink as she went to wash her hands. Melina did not why but that statement hurt. But she can not blame her daughters for what they went through, she was a part of that pain. But then again Melina has only ever known to hide her emotions away, Melina looks at her, "Oh, maybe so. But if you got soft, it wasn't on my watch."

Natasha headed to the dining room where Emily and Yelena were sitting down. The table was set in a similar way to their childhood home back in ohio. Natasha sat down next to Emily and sitting in front of them is Yelena.

Yelena could not help but think how everything turned out. That this feeling of familiarity that they once felt twenty years ago was the one of the few happy memories that she can always count but overtime it just seems to fade even though she tries so hard to hold on to those memories.

Natasha can not help but feel guilty. That she took the easy way out and just assumed everything was okay for her sisters. But overtime people do forget that what they experience still hunts her to this very day. That pain she feels never goes away. All she can do is hope to be good person even if she doesn't know if she is making the right choices.

Emily kept repeating a phrase that Rossi told her many years ago. It was when a cases hit her so close to home. She was repeating the phrase in her with Rossi's voice and everything.