07 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝗰𝗸 𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗽

chapter seven, quick recap — act one, the reunion __________________

__________________

Present time                       Location: White Memorial Hospital,
                                                                 Boston, July 8, 2016

FOURTEEN YEAR OLD Emily Prentiss was currently on a medical table for her daily check up. But she knew it was more than that. She had a mission to do with some of the older widows but everything went south.

One of guards was able get a clear shot on Emily's torso. It wasn't her first time getting shot, what scared her was that it was her first time out as team leader. All the widows were safe, they got what they need. But in a split second the mission could have been compromised.

She turned to her head when she saw a woman she didn't recognize. The mysterious women came up to Emily just observing her. The woman grabbed a chair brought next to Emily. Emily took deep breath as she kept contact with the woman, trying to study her next move.

"You failed, Emelia."

Emily tried not to cringe at the mention of her actual name. She thought about the woman's statement, she did not what to do or say. She did not know who this mysterious woman is. But she knows better than to stay quiet.

"I know, I'm sorry."

The mysterious woman just gave Emily a sadistic smile. The woman got up from the chair, moved closer to Emily and started to drag her thumb across Emily's cheek. Emily flinch at the sudden touch by this unknown woman.

"You are a very smart girl Emelia. One of the best widows ever to come out of our program. But those are just missions, would you like to be in a real war?"

Emily was confused. She did not want to admit it but she was scared. The woman went up to her ear, "Imaging a world with your little sisters gone."

Emily hated that she was getting to her, by threatening her sisters. Emily took deep breath and look straight into the woman's eye.

"What do I need to do?"

Emily immediately woke up. She was confused on to why she been having that same dream played in her head over and over. Trying to move her body the sudden soreness hit her like a truck. She hates that she can not remember much after that moment. She just remembers her moments with her sisters and then leaving the red room which is still a blur.

Emily tried to sit up, but she started to groan out of pain. All sudden the rush of memories started to hit her all at once. Was her team okay ? Was Doyle caught?  Getting up from her bed she noticed she was alone with Director Fury.