04 𝗽𝘂𝗿𝗽𝗼𝘀𝗲

chapter four, purpose — act one, the reunion __________________

__________________

7 years ago Location: Colmar, France
February 10, 2009

TERRIFIED. THAT IS WHAT TWENTY-ONE year old Yelena Belova felt. Tears were filling up but she could not let them come out. She was going to be strong. She made it this far all alone. She had been free for about 3 months.

At first it was amazing but the loneliness was too much. All on her own learning to be a human being, how to function without being afraid to get punished. She hated everything, for the first time in her life she was free, but all alone. It doesn't matter now, maybe being alone was for the best but it still hurts.

As soon as she came out, she was going to look for her older sisters but found out they are both out and became agents that save lives instead of destroying lives. They both work with agencies that have the power to find her. They left her. Why didn't they come back?

She does love them. Because god knows that she could never hate them. She understands them because now that she is free, she will do anything to not go back. All the pain that place brought. The person she became.

Well was it her? She did not want that life. She just did not have a choice. Gosh, why her? What was so special about her that made them want to turn her into a monster?

Heading to her apartment, she just laid down on her bed and let her thoughts consume her. She never felt so alone? If she had to be honest with herself, she felt nothing. It seems that all the good memories that she had were useless, it made her feel nothing.

And it is their fault because the one good thing in her life that she could always count on was a ruin. All the beautiful memory she had with her sisters just seem to fade. And everything just becomes suffocating and all the bad moments just play in her head in a constant loop.

A small creek on the floor broke Yelena on her train of thoughts. Grabbing her gun that she planted inside the lamp, she quickly pointed the gun in front of her and started to slowly walk out of her room. Gently opening the door to the kitchen, she went in and no one was there so she moved slowly to the living room. Getting to the living room a small arrow flew to her shoulder, which made her fall back. A tiny needle was stuck up on her neck.

She did not want to go. She barely got her life back. She would rather die than go back. With all her strength she tried to fight back but it was like all her muscles were paralyzed. She could not move. She could not do anything.

Free will is something that many people, yet many take it for granted. And here she was barely having a glimpse of what life could be. Her vision got blurry, Yelena tried to stay awake but the darkness consumed her.

𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁𐄙𐄁

Bright. It was very bright. Yelena could not pinpoint anything but the brightness. It was all a shiny, white and bright, like what life should be, nothing but beautiful and bright. Yelena tried to move up but she couldn't. A person came to view and started to hold her down.

No.

She did not want this life.

Some other person injected some substance into her neck. Yelena could do nothing but let it happen. There is no way out of this.

She tried to think about the moment where she and her sister were playing. How they would make jokes and enjoy the small breeze that would hit their faces. The crunch of leaves as other kids would jump on them. Their little whistle moment they would always do after.....

Darkness slowly started to consume Yelena, but right before it did, she heard a familiar voice. Was someone talking to her?

"Welcome home darling. This is where you belong."

———— • ————

notes!Thank you for reading!! Please make sure to take care of yourself and drink plenty of water

notes!
Thank you for reading!! Please make sure to take care of yourself and drink plenty of water.🤍