Chapter 1

Oh my gosh. I never thought I would be put in this position. Here I am, Gabrielle Stevens, sitting in the bathroom at the Kids Choice Awards with my dress ripped up my thigh. Plus my makeup is all over my face and I looked like a zombie. All I was trying to do is support my boyfriend and make it about him and now I have to flip it around and make it about me. Why did everything have to go wrong tonight? Why did he have to show up? How did I even get stuck in this situation?  This was to be the perfect night for Nick and I. We finally had enough time to do something together and now it is going to be all about me.  You really want to know how I got here, don't you? Well it all started two years ago when I met Nick Jonas.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today was the big day:  July 24, 2013. My big tryout for Nick Jonas' 'Chains' music video was finally here.  Being the model I am I made sure my outfit and makeup was on point. Then, I looked through my folder with all of my head shots and resume, double checking to see if they were still there. I made sure that I was one hundred percent ready for this new opportunity in my life. I have waited years for this very moment and now that it is here I am already nervous. Nick Jonas could be my way into this business. I cannot screw this up. I kept saying to myself that 'I needed to kill it to make it'. Interrupting my deep thoughts, the director of the video called my number to start my audition. I shyly got up out of my chair and walked towards the door.

I walked through the door and closed it quickly behind me.  As I turned away from the door, I saw the panel of judges, including Nick Jonas. I smiled and handed them the folder I was looking through earlier. Then, I quietly walked to the 'X' on the floor. The director looked up saying "Alright Miss Stevens. May I call you Gabby?"  I laughed a little and said "Sure you can."  He smiled and said "Okay Gabby. I'm going to ask a few questions just so we can get to know you a little bit better." He quickly started asking me questions about my experiences with modeling and why I would like to be in Nick's music video. I answered them to the best of my ability. The judges and Nick were staring at me.  Nick looked at me smiling, so I guess that means that he likes me and might pick me for this video.  The director asked me to slowly turn around and to give him different looks to certain emotions. Nick kept looking at me up and down. He was pretty attractive and from what I have heard of him, a pretty sweet guy. The director looked at Nick and I back and forth as we awkwardly made eye contact. He immediately stood up and said "I think we found our stunning model for Nick Jonas' music video." I was filled with excitement! I thanked them for the opportunity and asked when I would be needed on set.  by By the time I received my schedule some of the judges left, so did Nick. I was really looking forward to talking to him and figuring out my role a little more, whatever though! I got the part and was on my way to success.  

This was the best day of my life! I quickly walked out of the office and into my car. "Is this really happening?" I asked myself as I started my car. I drove all the way home replaying 'Chains' as loud as possible. I couldn't believe this was happening! I parked  and ran inside to my roommate, Marie. We both went to the same dance studio when we were younger. I have no idea how I would live without her because she has been through everything with me. Jumping at her, I startled her and said "I GOT THE PART!!" She jumped up and said "Are you serious!? That's awesome!" We both were screaming and jumping up and down from the incredible news.  Marie asked "So when do you start?" I replied "Tomorrow and I might need an assistant to come with me..." Marie quickly jumped at the opportunity and said "Can I? Can I be your assistant? I won't let you down!" I laughed and said "Of course you can, but we need to go to bed now so we can get up early so I can get my hair and makeup done on set." We both went to bed as quickly as we could so we could get up early the next morning.