Chapter 15

The next morning, I woke up in Nick’s warm arms. His arms were wrapped around my waist. I felt so safe around him and I knew he would protect me no matter what. He was the best thing that ever happened to me. I felt him move, which informed me that he was awake. I turned towards him, then he moved my hair out of my face. He yawned “Good morning.” I put my hand on his chest and gave him a quick kiss “Good morning, Nick.” He kissed my forehead and then scanned my face. Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Nick and I bolted out of the bed and started changing into some clothes. I quickly put on my skinny jeans. Before we could even get our shirts on, we heard the door swing open, we stood still. We both listened to the footsteps search the other rooms of the suite. I tip toed to Nick, trying not to make a sound. I was so scared. He signaled me to get behind him and then held my hand. We slowly opened the door and crept into the living room. Suddenly, the lights flip on and we both looked into the direction of the switch. It was Nick’s manager, staring at us half naked. Nick lightly pushed me behind him and asked in a harsh tone “What are you doing in here?” Nick’s manager laughed and replied “Just making sure you’re up because you have a lot to do today… I’m sorry if I…uh…interrupted something.” Nick glared at him “I will be out in the lobby shortly.” His manager waved goodbye and left quickly. Nick turned around and said “I’m sorry about him, he is a little persistent.” I smiled “Its fine… He was only trying to help get you up and to work haha.” His hand lined my face as he stared into my eye “I will see you at lunch?” I nodded “Yes.” Nick gave me one last kiss before he left.

All I could do was wonder what I was going to do today. I was still in New York City and I haven’t seen any of the sites yet. Nick was busy doing his own thing, and I didn’t want to take him out of that. Maybe I will ask Joe and Kevin to go with me. I picked up my phone and texted Joe and Kevin: ‘Hey! Wanna go see the sites with me?’ then I plugged in my phone while I waited for their response.  I quickly took a shower and dried my hair. As I was doing my makeup my phone rang. I grabbed my phone and swiped to see the message. I didn’t recognize the number , I read the message. It said ‘So… you’re going to see the sites of the beautiful NYC, so am I.’ I was really confused. I typed back ‘who is this?’ After waiting a while, there was no response. I finished my makeup and put on my sundress. I heard a knock at my door. When I opened it I saw Joe and Kevin smiling at me weirdly. I laughed and asked “Are you guys okay?” The nodded and quickly came into my room. Joe shut the door and said “Zac is here.” My eyes widened “What? What do you mean he is here?” Kevin continued “When we were in the lobby, he was at the front desk talking to the hotel manager.” I asked “Can he get on this floor at all?” Joe shook his head “No, not to my knowledge, but he knows we are all here.” “Thank goodness…” After a long pause, I said “So I got this strange text this morning and it’s a little creepy.” I handed them my phone. I continued “I don’t know who it is, but it seems they knows who I am and is going to follow me everywhere.” Joe and Kevin looked at each other. Then Kevin said “Gabby, this strange person shouldn’t stop you from seeing New York and getting out of the hotel room. Plus, we will be with you and so will one of our body guards. You will be fine.” I nodded and said “Okay! Then I guess we better get going since I have to meet up with Nick for lunch.” They both smiled at me and we left.

The boys took me everywhere! We saw the statue of liberty, time square, the 9/11 memorial, the holocaust museum, and so much more. They even took me shopping! I got a ton of cute clothes that I would never find in LA. They were beautiful. Thank goodness that the strange person who texted me or Zac didn’t ruin our trip. Kevin and Joe’s body guards followed us everywhere, as they were just doing their job. As we rode up to the restaurant where I would meet up with Nick, Joe and Kevin said their goodbyes and helped me out of the car.  They reassured that my bags would make it to the hotel and then left. I walked in and approached the hostess. “Hello, I’m here with Nick Jonas. Is he here yet by any chance?” The hostess looked through her reservations “I see that he has a reservation for two, but he is not here yet. I direct you to your table though because it looks like he reserved a room for privacy.” I smiled. A private room, that is so romantic. The hostess gave me the directions to the room and I went. As I was about to open the door, I felt something hard hit the back of my head. I felt the sharp pain stream through my head and feel to the ground. I looked up and saw a masculine figure above me. As I slowly fainted out, I knew exactly who it was.