Chapter 25

Paranoid. That's the only word that I could describe myself being. Paranoid. Amber was already at my throat about just being around Nick. It has only been about one day! How in the world am I going to shake her off? Nick has told me too many times that I am the only one, but I bet she has something already up her sleeve. After Florida, I felt like things were going to get worse. Amber and Nick had a fantastic show that night. I watched carefully in the box, making sure everything was going to plan. During the bows Nick and Amber stared at each other, just like the way a Nick and I stare at each other. That moment brought me to tears... Something was up and I was oblivious to it this whole time.

 I skipped the party and went to the bus. It was empty and quiet. I feel like it was just what I needed to clear my mind. I took a shower in the tiniest bathroom in the world and dried my hair straight. I put on my oversized high school T-shirt and my baggy sweats and laid on the couch. I laid there staring at the ceiling, thinking about Nick. He was amazing, but there was definitely something going on that I wasn't aware about. As I sorted through my thoughts my phone buzzed. I let it buzz a few times before I got the nerve to answer it. "Hello." I said patiently waiting an answer. "Hey Gabby! It's Joe. Where are you?" I sighed "In the bus... Where are you?" He laughed "I wanted to surprise you and Nick at the party, but I guess not considering that both of you are not here." I jumped up. "What do you mean Nick is not there?" He paused "Wait... you're not with him?" "No... Joe can you come to the bus? I'm really worried now." Joe answered "Of course... be there soon." And he hung up. I waited about thirty minutes until I heard a knock on the door. Joe walked in and gave me a huge hug, then we both sat on the couch. He started "So... are you surprised?" I laughed at him " You know... you surprise us so much that you should just come on these trips with us." We both laughed and cracked jokes the rest of the night.

The next morning I got up and found Joe up eating a bowl of cereal. I sat at the small table with him and asked "Did Nick come in yet?" He nodded 'no'.  I started to worry even more. Nick never came back to the bus. Was he kidnapped? Was he hurt? Did he get lost? I couldn't settle down. Joe looked at me and said "Gabby calm down. He will be here soon." I quickly asked "Is this normal? Like is this normal for him to do on tour? Just to disappear..." Joe sighed, but before he could say anything the bus door flew open. Joe and I stood up, anxious to see who it was. Slowly, Nick trudged through the door. Joe then said "I will let you two have some alone time..." and walked out. Once Nick was sure Joe was gone, he came up, grabbed my face and started to kiss me. I melted into him. After a moment, I realized he needed to answer my questions. I detached myself from him and fiercely asked "Where the hell have you been? I have been worried sick! Then you just come in and kiss me like nothing happened!" Nick's phone went off. He stayed silent. I yelled "Who was that?" He threw the phone on the table. I quickly grabbed it and ran to the bathroom with Nick running quickly behind me. As he chased me he yelled "Gabby! Give me the phone." I locked the door and started to go through his messages. I know it's not tright for me to go through his phone, but I felt like I had no choice. He banged on the door and kept screaming "Open the door Gabby! Give me the phone!" I searched and searched until I found a text that I would never want to see on my boyfriend's phone.

Nickyyyyy!!!!  Just get rid of her. I'm missing you already! I had way too much fun last night and can't wait for more.... ;)

Nick stopped banging on the door. I slid down the door in tears. My whole world has been wreced again. How could I be so stupid? I was fooled again by Nick and Amber. I just can't believe how I thought he actually cared for me. I got up and took a deep breath. I opened the door slowly, looking to see where Nick was. I walked towards the couch and saw where Nick was standing. Once he saw me he walked up to me and said "Gabby... please let me explain this." Through my tears, I said "Explain what Nick? Did you think I was stupid... That I wouldn't figure it out?"  He tried to come closer, but I just walked towards the door, I continued "Nick I can't take the cheating anymore...Goodbye." Nick tired to fight for me back, but I ignored him and walked out of the bus.

Joe was outside waiting. I asked him to pack up my belongings and get them to me. He went inside the bus and gathered my things while I called for a cab. Once he got my things together, I said goodbye to Joe and head to the airport that would take me back home to LA.