Chapter 13

Slowly but surely, Nick and I's relationship grew stronger and stronger. I finally regained full trust in him. Lately, I have been busy from working towards becoming a producer while Nick has been on tour. Before he left he begged me to come with him, but I needed time to figure out this producer gig. We said our goodbyes at the airport the morning he left. Today is our one year anniversary. We were planning on having a Skype dinner date later today considering he is in New York City, but I'm going to go surprise him instead. I talked with his manger to make sure he would positively be in New York that night. He though it would be a great idea for me to surprise him. I boarded the plane and I was off to see Nick.

Once I landed, Nick's producer was waiting for me. He was tall and stalky, but had a great smile. I know Nick thinks he's rude, but he helped me get this far so I guess he can't be too bad. "Hey Gabby! Did you have a good flight?" I smiled, "Yeah. I'm just so excited to see Nick. It has almost been three months!" He replied "I apologize about that but he is an entertainer. Right this way." He guided me to the car and then drove me to the hotel that Nick was staying at. Nick's manger had already checked me into the room next to Nick's. His manger informed me that Nick was talking on a radio show at the moment and wouldn't be back till 3. I nodded and went up to my room. 

The room was beautiful. It had its' living room, master bedroom, master closet, a bathroom, and a kitchen. Everything was newly refurbished and clean. I dropped my bags by the door and started to cook something to eat. While the vegetables were cooking on the stove I quickly changed into my light blue wash skinny jeans and white flowy tank top. I wanted to look cute for Nick when I surprise him. After I finished my makeup, I pulled my hair up into a cute bun and went back to check on the vegetables. 

3 o'clock finally came around. I looked out my window to see all of the waiting paparazzi by the main entrance, waiting for Nick. I plopped on the couch and started to scroll through Instagram. Suddenly, I heard people yelling outside. I ran towards the window but couldn't see who was walking in. A moment later, I heard footsteps coming down the hall. I laid my phone on the couch and walked quietly towards the door. Looking through the peep hole I saw Joe and Kevin walking towards Nick's door. I opened the door and whispered "Hey Joe, Kevin... Over here." They both turned and whispered back "Oh my gosh! What are you doing here?" I waved them into my room and then shut the door. I could finally talk with my normal tone. I gave them a quick hug and said, "Well it's Nick and I's one year anniversary so I thought I would come and surprise him. What are you two doing here?" Kevin said "We are here to surprise him too!" We all laughed a little, then Joe added "We were going to go out to dinner with him later. I suppose that was what you were going to do?" I sighed "Yeah, but you obviously got here first so you can go to dinner with him." Joe quickly said "You should come with us. It would be fun." "Okay I guess that works-" Interrupting me we heard Nick's manger and Nick talking in the hall. Joe, Kevin, and I all huddled by the door. Kevin whispered "On my mark we jump out and say surprise." Joe and I nodded and watched Kevin throw up numbers to count us down. 3.2.1. "SURPRISE!!" Nick was taken aback. "I think we scared him more than we surprised him." Joe said sarcastically. We all started to laugh while Nick came closer to the group. I held his hand and said "Happy one year anniversary babe." Then I kissed his check. Joe, Kevin and Nick's manger walked back to their rooms while Nick and I headed to mine.

Once the door was closed, Nick's lips met mine. It started off slow, but quickly gained speed. I missed him so much. It was amazing kissing those lips again. We both pulled away slowly to catch our breath. Nick's hand caressed my face. "I missed you, Gabby." I stared into his brown eyes. "I missed you too, Nick." Our lips came crashing together again. His arms hoisted me up on him as we continued to kiss. He carried me all the way to the couch and laid us both down slowly, neither one of us disconnecting from each other. This was perfect; just me and my loving boyfriend, Nick.