Chapter 3

The next couple of weeks went by really fast. I kept receiving more of my schedule from the director. He told me about the release dates of the video and about other important meetings I had to attend. Marie was busy with Austin. They were getting along pretty well and he seems like a great guy. Her first date went amazing and they have been hanging out ever since... I think they're an item now. It's crazy to think that they met about the same time Nick and I did and we are getting nowhere. I just feel bad that we opened up to each other and now we aren't even talking. It's so frustrating, but I can't be mad at him forever. He's so amazing and sweet. In my head, I started to replay our little stare down when we first started filming 'Chains'. Just thinking about him makes me want him even more. 

Suddenly, there was a knock at the door. I got up from my couch and walked to the door. When I opened it, Nick was standing there with a bouquet of red roses. How did he get here? When I though about it I remembered that my address was on my resume in the folder I gave the director.  Nick said "Hey beautiful..." 

"Hey? What is all this for Nick?" I said in shock. "I just wanted to give you a small gift for everything you have done for me and this video." As he handed me the flowers I invited him in. I closed the door and went to the kitchen to find a vase for these beautiful roses. Nick followed me and said "So what's been up with you? I haven't talked to you in awhile." I set the vase of flowers aside and said "Oh nothing much... just been-"Before I could finish my sentence Nick said "Do you want to go to a party with me right now?" I laughed a little and replied "Right now? Haha Isn't it a little late?" Nick smirked and said "Yeah like right now and it's never too late." I sighed,  "I guess I could go with you." He smiled, "Good. I just wanted to make sure you were free to go with me." "Okay then. I'm going to go get ready. How about you watch some T.V. until I'm done." He nodded and walked back into the living room. 

I rushed into my room so I could start getting ready. I straightened my hair and made my make up look as natural as possible. Then I looked in my closet for something to wear. At this point I wish Marie was here to help me because she has always had a taste for fashion. I pulled out about ten dresses. They were all different colors and looks. Why do I have to be so indecisive? I finally chose a black cocktail dress with hot red heels.  When I walked out, Nick turned and stared at me saying "Wow. You look amazing." I giggled and said thanks. We both were anxious to leave considering we were probably already late. He held my hand and walked me out of the house and into the car. 

Once we arrived at the party, Nick started introducing me to everyone he knew. I was having a great time. Meeting all of his connections could really help me stay in this business. After a while, Nick ushered me to a table and sat next to me. Nick put his arm around my waist and pulled me close. "Are you enjoying the party?" Nick said softly. I replied "Yes. This is so exciting and everyone is so friendly." Nick looked into my eyes, "Gabby... you know I have been thinking that... maybe...we should be more than friends." I fell deeper in his eyes as he said that. He finally asked me what I have been waiting for since I saw him. I softly said "I do too..." He looked down and smile then said "I have been wanting to ask you to be mine ever since I saw you. I'm not the smoothest person."  He lifted up his head to see my reaction. I held his hand and said "To be honest, me too." We were in our own little world. Nick was perfect. He had the charisma; he had the looks, and the talent. He was finally mine.

We both got up and started moving around the room, chatting with all of the other guest. He held my hand the whole time. It was so nice having someone like him around. I was so comfortable with him. My phone then buzzed in my pocket. I looked and saw it was already 1:30 in the morning. Plus I had six calls and twelve text messages from Marie. I totally forgot to tell her I left. I looked at Nick with concern, hoping I would catch his attention. He finally looked at me and saw my worry. He excused us and we walked outside, onto the balcony. I explained to him that it was late and I needed to be home soon. He agreed and we left. 

Once we got back to my house, Nick walked me up to my door. "Thanks for inviting me. I had a great time tonight." I said with a smile. Nick said "No problem. I'm just glad that I got to spend the night with you." I blushed. He's so sweet I thought. We stood in front of my door awkwardly. We made eye contact and just started laughing. I finally said "Well, okay... I guess I better get inside." As I tried to unlock the door Nick placed his hand on mine. I slowly looked up into his eyes. We slowly inched closer and closer until our lips met. Sparks flew as his warm lips connected with mine. Butterflies were flying in my stomach and I suddenly felt at ease. I slowly disconnected from him before things got too far. He looked up and said "Goodnight Gabby." I smiled and said "Goodnight Nick." I opened the door and walked inside. I touched my lips in disbelief. I could not believe this was actually happening. He kissed me...