Chapter 33

I saw Nick start to tear up. I quickly took of my head phones and ran out of the booth to him. When I got to him he was standing up waiting for a hug. I held him tightly, never wanting to let him go. He soon whispered "I promise ... I will never make you feel like that ever again.... I promise." Hearing him say that made me emotional. I loved him. I truly do. I never want him to feel like he has to promise that ever again. I pulled away slowly and gazed into his eyes "I love you... so much" My hand laid on his chest as he pulled me in closer. "I love you too." said Nick as we went in for a kiss. Our lips met. His tongue entered my mouth as we quickened our pace. I wanted him. I wanted him right now. As Nick started to kiss my neck, I moaned "Nick... I want you." He looked into my eyes "Are you sure." I nodded 'yes' as he pinned me against the wall. I started to unbutton his shirt as we deepened our kiss. Once I pulled it off, I could feel his chiseled abs pressing up against my body. He pulled away from my lips and helped my take off my silky shirt. Then, we both stripped down into our underwear. He stared at my body and I stared at his. He murmured "Wow..." I giggled a bit before his lips came back to mine. I wanted to feel him inside of me. Without taking off my underwear, Nick slid his hand in, rubbing my clit. I let out a stifled moan, our lips still connected. He asked "Who made you so wet?" I whispered "You." It felt right. It felt good.

"KNOCK KNOCK!!!" I heard a muffled voice say. In unison, Nick and I mumbled "Shit!" we quickly changed back into our clothes. Nick yelled back "Just a minute!" I felt so silly having to get back dressed into my clothes. Gosh we were so close! I got back into the booth pretending to just take my headset off while Nick opened the door. I watched as Marie and Harry walked in and stare down Nick. I walked out "Hey Marie! Hey Harry! What's going on?" Marie smiled at me "Just wanted to see how your session was going, but I see you have company." Nick stood by me quietly. I said "Well he wanted to hear my new songs so it's all good.... Anyway, I'm glad you stopped by! I haven't seen my manager in a while." She started to get sassy with me "I just wanted to see Harry because he was in town." I nodded "I get that, but for a week?" She answer quickly "Yes because we had a lot of catching up to do." I doubt it. I continued "Oh okay well Nick and I have some catching up to do after my recording session so I will see you later." Marie handed me a letter and left with Harry without saying good. Nick stared at me as I opened the letter.

The letter read:

Dear Gabby,

You know that I will always be your friend, but at this point I cannot. It hurts me to see you with someone who has only knock you down and has cheated on you. I know you love him and I don't want to stand in the way of that. That is why I am leaving as your manager and hired a new manager for you. Her name is Tessa and she is exactly like me and will be guiding you through the rest of your career. She will contact you tomorrow morning. I want you to be happy in the end and if it comes to that with him, I will still be happy for you. I just don't want to mess it up. If you ever need anything ... I'm one call or text away. Good luck.

Sincerely,

Your friend,

Marie

I sighed and looked up at Nick "It's okay... It's not a big deal."Nick looked upset He sat in the comfy chair and nodded his head. After a moment he finally said "Do you think I will hurt you again?" I stood in shock "Nick... I don't want that to happen." He stood up and reiterated "That doesn't answer my question. Do you think I will hurt you again?" I wanted to say no, but I don't know... I'm not completely sure if I can say it won't happen again, but I don't want to lose Nick. He waited for a response, but I couldn't get my words out. He sighed "Gabby... I won't. I promise you. I give you my word." He came closer and hugged me. I finally said "I know you won't hurt me, but if Amber comes back again... I ... I don't know what will happen." He let go of me and stared into my eyes "You have every right to that and I promise that if she shows up again that nothing will happen." I nodded and quickly changed the subject.

The rest of the night was quiet. We didn't talk much after Marie came into the recording studio. I left the studio alone and went to my condo. I tried to relax and relieve my stress but it was no use. I tossed and turned all night. The question Nick asked was haunting me. My anxiety rose and wouldn't die down. I wanted Nick to be fully mine, but will things ever be the same again?