Chapter 44

About 6 months later

Nick POV

"Joe, how am I going to do this? What if she says no?" I asked nervously. Joe laughed "Nick. There is no way she is going to say no!" I sighed. I was so nervous! I just knew that Gabby was the one, but I don't know how to tell her. She is beautiful and amazing person. I don't think I have ever been so in love. I looked up at the time to see that it was time to go pick up Gabby for our date. I grabbed the keys and walked quickly to the car. Before I got it, I heard Joe wish me luck. I waved back at him and then sat in the car. I started the car and drove straight to her house. When I got there, I stayed in my car. I really want to do this but I'm so nervous. I can feel the sweat coming from my hands. I took a deep breath and walked out of the car and to the door. I laid my hand on top of my pocket with the special box on it, making sure it was still there. I took another breath and opened the door.

Gabby POV

"Nick!" I shrieked as he walked in. I ran up to him and gave him the biggest hug. When I step back from the hug, I saw that Nick was dressed up really fancy. "So I see that we are going somewhere really fancy tonight?" He smiled "Yeah we are! I mean... if you don't mind." I laughed "Of course I don't mind. Just wait right here, I'm almost done getting ready." I ran to my room to finish up my makeup. I then put in my long diamond earrings and my black bracelet. My dress laid on the bed. It was short but beautiful. I put on the dress and black heels. The lace it just right and it looked awesome on me. I looked at myself in the mirror a little longer before grabbing my tote and walking out of my room.

Nick held my hand as we drove to the restaurant. We just got back home to LA about a week ago so it was nice to eat somewhere familiar. Nick pulled up to a too familiar restaurant. I waited for him to open the door. He extended out his hand with a smile. I gently smiled back and held his hand. As we walked inside Nick said " So... dose this place look familiar to you at all?" Looking around I notice that I had truly been here before. After a moment, I realized "Nick, this is where you took me when we were filming 'Chains'. This is where we kind of had our first date." He smiled "Your right. This is when I stole you from set during our break." We both laughed together as we were seated at the same table we both sat at together way back when. This is so romantic. I can't believe he set this all up. We both sat and ate. The food was just as amazing as I remembered it to be. We both talked about the tour and how awesome it was. Demi and Nick really did awesome. After we finished up, Nick and I walked back to the car. When Nick started driving away from our houses I asked "Where are we going Nick? Our houses are the other way." He smirked "I know, but we still have one more thing to do." I smiled "Okay. Let's do it!"

We drove all the way up to the Hollywood sign. Nick parked and pulled out a huge blanket from the back seat. I looked at him confused. He smiled and said "Come on! Let's go look at the stars." I held my heels and walked over to Nick who was still laying out the blanket. We both lay together and watched the stars. Nick and I both talked about our futures and what we wanted to accomplish. I exclaimed "Nick, I just want to make sure that whatever happens that, we stay together." Nick kissed me and then said "I promise, but the only way I can do that is by giving you this." Nick sat up and I followed. He pulled out of his pocket a white little box. Oh my gosh... He's proposing. I quickly stood up. This was really happening! He got on one knee and looked up at me, "Gabby, since the first time I met you, I knew that you were the one. We have been through a lot together. I know that I don't deserve you, but I want to be with you for the rest of my life... So, will you marry me?" I was in complete shock! I had no idea he was going to do this! I started tearing up as I said "Yes! Of course!" Nick stood up and placed the ring on my finger. I shook my head as we laughed together. He grabbed my waist and pulled me closer to him. His lips hovered over mine. Before we kissed, he whispered, "I love you." I looked up at him saying, "I love you too."