Chapter 10

I searched everywhere that I could think of. From the studio to my house, I couldn't find him anywhere. I sent a text to Joe, knowing he would answer. I asked him where Nick might be and if he would tag along to help me find him. He said yes and I rushed to pick him up. I paid the cab and hopped into Joe's car. Joe was already in the car waiting. "Hey so I think he just got back to his house. He said he would be there around 8:30 p.m." "Okay. Do you know how to get there?" He nodded and we were off.

The ride was long. Joe tried to get me to speak but I wouldn't. I was too worried about Nick. I wanted to know if he was okay and if we could figure out what happened between us. I know that it has only been a day, but I miss him. I miss seeing him. The car finally stopped. I looked out the window to find Nick's car in the drive way of his gigantic house. Nervously, I turned to Joe. "What do I do?" Joe assured "You will be fine. All you have to do is talk to him. I will be right here if you need anything." After my pep talk, I got the courage to go talk to Nick. Walking up the long curvy driveway, I saw an unfamiliar car in front of Nick's car. Maybe he had some company over or some business that needed to be taken care of. I reached the door. I waited a moment and took a deep breath. Knocking, I heard footsteps running all over his house. The door swung open and Nick stood there. It looks like he has been working out because he was sweating. His eyes scanned my face. "Gabby... Wh... What are you doing here?" I gave a small smile and said "Nick. I'm sorry if I did anything to you. I want to fix what we had and talk it through a bit. If that's okay?" He stuttered " Ye... Yeah. Come... Come in." He guided me to the living room and we sat down on his couch. We sat in silence until he spoke. "So, I just wanted to apologize to you because of yesterday. I have been really stressed out with work and I had a lot in my head. I didn't mean to take it out on you." He held my hand and continued to talk. "I know I was a jerk and I'm so sorry."  I gazed into his eyes and said "Nick... I" Before I could finish my sentence, he started to kiss me. I kissed him back falling deeper into his trans. His lips disconnected with mine and then he started to kiss my neck. I let a small moan and felt his lips form a smirk. His lips then came back to mine. The pace of our hearts were fast. Suddenly, I heard a voice say 'Nick!' I stopped. "Nick what was that?" He quickly said "Nothing" and his lips came back to mine. Then the voice became clearer. It was saying 'Nick' I pulled away, "Nick who was that?" Nick said "I don't hear what your hearing. Don't worry about it." I got up from the couch and started to search the house. Nick kept trying to divert me back to the couch, but the voice was getting stronger as I walked past him. As I opened up his bedroom, I heard a scream. I saw Nick's ex- girlfriend, Amber lying on the bed, trying to cover herself from me. Nick was cheating on me. I turned to Nick "Is this why you were so upset yesterday?" He looked down in guilt. I yelled "Nick answer me!"  He looked up."Gabby let me explain..." I started to yell louder "No! I won't let you explain this to me. You have been so stressed out on handling so much 'work'. It's more like two relationships. I'm done with this Nick. We are finished." I fast- walked out of the room and down the stairs. I heard Nick following me, begging me to listen. When he finally caught up with me he grabbed my hand and turned me around. "Gabby, I'm sorry. Just please don't leave." I looked into his eyes and said "I'm not dealing with this Nick. I have given you a lot from me and now your stress of 'work' is getting in the way. Well I'm going to help reduce your stress by leaving. Goodbye Nick." I pulled my hand away from him and stormed out the door with tears running down my face. Joe was waiting outside the car. "Hey! How did it-" He paused. "What happened? What did he do?" He helped me into the car and then sat in his seat. We drove in silence. Joe still had no idea what had happened. To be honest, I was crying too hard to tell him. After awhile I had no tears left. We pulled up to the house and I said "He cheated on me with his ex, Amber." Joe stared at me in shock. I jumped out of the car and ran inside. I went straight to my bed and cuddled in the blankets.

I was completely shattered. I couldn't believe that Nick cheated on me. I laid in my bed for a whole week, thinking about what happened. I didn't eat, check my phone, or get out of my bed. Marie was worried. Joe told her what happened. She was shocked that Nick would do something like that. She would try to check on me every once in awhile and sometimes, she would just lay by me. I knew she didn't know what to say to me. I didn't know what to say to me either.

After that week, I actually got out of my bed. I walked into the kitchen to see a poster that said FOR HIRE.  Quickly, I read it. They wanted to hire dancers for the Britney Spears' tour and it was today. I grabbed my dance shoes and ran out the door. I was going to audition for Britney's tour.

It was a long, drawn out day. We did every type of dance you could possibly imagine. BUT, all my work paid off when they told me I start rehearsals for Britney's tour tomorrow. This is going to help my future in the entertainment business. Maybe it will help take my mind off Nick too.