Chapter 35

A couple of months went by and things were going back to normal. I was in and out of the booth, trying to finish my second album while Nick was running around LA and doing his thing. What's even cooler is that he was asked to host the Kids Choice Awards! Immediately after the call we were both screaming. It was a great opportunity to get out and show his stuff. He has been very busy with that. I mean just going to meeting after meeting is rough. I haven't seen him much lately because of it but it's good for him. I miss him.

Today was a slow day. I went to three radio shows and went back to the booth. The songs on the album flow so well together and I'm so excited to release them. Because that the kids choice awards are this weekend, I still needed to find a dress. Tessa booked an appointment for me at Oscar De La Renta. Sounds familiar? Oscar was more than happy to pick out some dresses for me. Once Tessa and I walked into his store, Oscar said "Hello! How's Gabby doing today?" I smiled "I'm doing pretty well. How about yourself?" He returned a smile "I'm very well. Today I have picked out a few dresses for you to try on, but um where is Nick?" I looked at Tessa and then back at Oscar. Tessa finally said "Well Gabby and I were thinking to not tell him what the dress looks like so it would be a surprise. Plus he is at the stadium, going through rehearsals." Oscar commented "Oh well that's a great idea. Let me show you what I got picked out for you." Tessa and I strolled behind Oscar until we got to the back of the store. He pointed out the rack where the dresses he picked out for me were. There were several of long, short, and different color dresses. Oscar gestured towards his favorites and explained to me the different styles. Then he commented "Tell me your favorite and we will get that for you." I smiled and thanked him as he left the room. Tessa pointed to a cute short dress that was white and had sparkles everywhere. I tried it on, but I just didn't get the 'wow' factor I wanted. So then, I tried on seven more dresses and still didn't get it. I was bummed out, but then Tessa said "Hey! You missed one." She handed me the silk yellow high low dress. I went to the dressing room and slipped on the dress. I took a deep breath and walked out of the dressing room. Tessa with excitement said "That's the one! You have to get that!" I looked in the mirror and was in awe. "It's perfect!" I exclaimed. I quickly went back into the dressing room and changed out of the dress and into my clothes so I could go pay for the dress. With the dress neatly on the hanger, I purchased the dress with a smile. Nick is going to love it!!!

When I got home I quickly hid it in my closet so that Nick would never find it. I have to keep it a surprise! Tessa left home while I was hiding the dress. Tessa and I have been becoming really good friends lately. Sadly, no one could ever replace Marie. Marie was just so amazing. I mean so is Tessa but I guess I just miss Marie. Ever since New York, she has been very distant. She still text me every once in a while, but I never see her. As I read through our text, I heard a knock at the door. When I opened it I saw Nick. He looked exhausted. "Hey Nick. How was your day?" I said as I closed the door behind him. He sighed "Good. We ran through the whole show 3 times. It's so awesome, but just too much in one day." I nodded my head in agreement. He laid down on the couch while I sat in the recliner. Then he said "So... What did you do today?" I smiled "Well, I'm getting this much closer to finishing my album." He sat up in excitement "That's great! I can't wait to hear it." I got up and sat next to Nick. When I looked up, Nick was already staring at me. I questioned him "Why are you looking at me like that?" He lightly kissed my lips then said "Because.... I'm the luckiest guy in the world because I have you." I smiled back and started to kiss him slowly. Then I stared back up at him and said "I love you." We both cuddled together and drifted off to sleep.